Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Unless he was counting the main course as the killing spree!

I totally agree that video games being a trigger for violence is completely unfounded. It was first sighted as a cause in the US and we all know how grounded and logical they all think don't we! How many of them are currently denouncing evolution and turning to religion? A lost brain washed nation.

Sony making the PS3 region free was a good decision and enforcing a ban on violent games would just force smaller UK games retailers out of business as more and more people started to order games from abroad.

And I think the whole violent video games and films argument definitely sits with the parents and is their responsibility, not the makers of the product. If they are under age for a specific game or film and are discovered playing or watching it then it is bad parenting and the parent/s should be brought to account.

I often see in gaming stores parents buying any game their child wants. They often don't even look at the title of the game, let alone the contents or age ratings written on it. As long as it is within the price range they are willing to pay, their kid gets the game. And I think the misconception that video games are just for kids still sticks with many parents who have never been gamers themselves. Therefore some way of educating them so that they realise that games with mature content aimed at adults exist is the best course of action, not banning specific genres of game or adding stricter censorship laws.

This could easily begin by passing a law similar to Alcohol and cigarettes where the shop selling the product holds some age related responsibility and can be brought to account if they are found to be selling a product to an under-age customer. Most children wouldn't get to play the games if the stores introduced a policy or politely informing the purchaser of a violent game's content and age rating as they purchase it. I bet that would shock most parents into suddenly looking at the games and realising their content.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

Competent My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeh, what harrison said, .

My step brother works for Rockstar, and i cant believe the crap they go through. Best 1 was the grandmother who sued over the hidded sex scene in the game. Everyone failed to realise that she bought it for her under age grandson. Its like "HELLO, YOU FEELING ALRIGHT LOVE".
    On news of PSPUAE update on DCEMU came this reply, lol.

[quote=djk21108;]this will sure make that horace guy happy....[/quote]

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by FOL View Post
    My step brother works for Rockstar.
    You are now officially my bestest friend

Mainly because I am a huge Rockstar fanboy/mark/stalker/groupie [Delete as applicable]
    This is not a signature

Competent My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by v85rawdeal View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by FOL View Post
    My step brother works for Rockstar.
    You are now officially my bestest friend

Mainly because I am a huge Rockstar fanboy/mark/stalker/groupie [Delete as applicable]
    Hes a graphics designer there. Worked on all the GTA 3 games and spin offs. Even worked on manhunt 1 and 2.

If your after info, trust me, i cant supply any. He keeps very tight lipped about any games in developement.

Downloads
    Uploads
    That clearly makes him a very good employee for them to have.

I honestly don't know how tight-lipped I could be if I was in that position. Although, I would hope to be a very trustworthy employee, but I am easily excitable!!!
    This is not a signature

Competent My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by v85rawdeal View Post
    That clearly makes him a very good employee for them to have.

I honestly don't know how tight-lipped I could be if I was in that position. Although, I would hope to be a very trustworthy employee, but I am easily excitable!!!
    lol, id love the money he gets paid, and the trips to rockstar in the USA, plus the plane trips he gets.

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    What about concept art and designs not used in final production? Does he have any access to such things? I love seeing stuff like that.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Having been looking around the net, I came across an article that actually demonstrates just how much 'the land of the free' actually isn't.

Ahh, poor Disney...

Critics claim the following:

* In the laser-disc version of the Disney co-produced Who Framed Roger Rabbit (1988), there is a frame or two of a pantyless Jessica Rabbit, not to mention glimpses of her bare breasts. One must advance the laser disc frame by frame to see the sights, according to those in the know. Also, some graffiti suggests a good time can be had with "Allyson Wonderland," complete with Disney chairman Michael Eisner's home telephone number.

* In The Little Mermaid (1989), during a wedding ceremony, the officiator has an erection. On the film's video box, the portrayed castle has a tower that looks like a *****.

* In Aladdin (1992), Aladdin flies to Princess Jasmine's balcony on his magic carpet and attempts to win her back after a fight. Her tiger Rajah threatens him, and Aladdin tries to shoo Rajah while the Genie cracks jokes. Then, Aladdin whispers to Jasmine, "Take off your clothes." Her eyes widen.

* In The Lion King (1994), when Simba flops to the dusty ground during a poignant, contemplative moment, dust swirls skyward and spells out "sex." The scene occurs when Simba is self-exiled from his kingdom and is recalling an old incident that took place when he was a young cub: his father Mufasa telling a tale about the stars being former kings.

The American Life League (ALL), an organization that claims 300,000 supporters nationally, has led the criticism against those and other Disney products. The league is an anti-abortion group of the conservative, Christian Right based in Stafford, Virginia. In late summer 1995, the group called for retail and rental withdrawal of Disney's The Lion King, The Little Mermaid, and Aladdin. Many persons subsequently have claimed they have seen and heard the subliminals.

ALL not only wanted existing videos pulled from video-rental and retail shelves, it also wanted Disney to excise the offending video portions and demanded the company's apology. Tracey Casale, assistant coordinator for ALL communications, stated, "This is not wholesome family entertainment. Whether it's a joke or subtle, it doesn't matter. People have seen it". Casale noted that Christian conservatives have been more vigilant about Disney products since the release of the movie Priest by Miramax, a Disney subsidiary, in the spring of 1995. They did not approve of the depiction of Catholic priests in the film. Objections also were raised to the Miramax film Pulp Fiction (1994), described by Christopher Corbett as a film that "displays graphic violence, profanity, and crudity".

ALL spokesperson Casale said, "The Walt Disney Company claims to be a provider of wholesome family entertainment, but the message in The Lion King is not clean, it's not wholesome, and it is not fun. It has no place in a child's movie. . . . All of these movies contain something sexual in nature. You can't help but think that Disney is not what they have portrayed themselves to be".
    It used to be a case of 'only in America', but not nowadays, I guess. Looks like I am moving to the Netherlands, then.
    This is not a signature

ELITE VIP
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    You can see and hear what you want to often. How many people look up at the clouds and go "that one looks like a rabbit" or whatever? The person with them hadn't thought of it that way, "but now you mention it, yeah it does look like it". Same with backmasking, ask somewhat what was said and they'll probably not know, tell them it says something and they'll go "it does sound like that doesn't it".

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You have to wonder if such people have ever actually enjoyed living. They must spend every day worried that something might not be as it first seems. Think they need to see a psychologist. Wait, that was in America so they probably already are!