Poll: High deffed yet?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    I am Legion for we are many. Staff Member
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Has anyone tried Ashampoo Burning Studio 9? I know it has BR support. I use it for DVD's as I don't have anything to do with HD yet.
    A1200 Power Tower
    OS 3.9 / CGX4 / OS4.0
    Blizzard 210Mhz (overclocked to 266Mhz) 603e PPC with 25Mhz 040 (Overclocked to 33Mhz) 256Mb RAM
    ZIV
    CV64/3D
    3.2Gb HDD + 20GB HDD

RetroSteve! My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I am still interested in getting a Blu Ray player for my PC, since I am now able to play high definition video.

I think it will be sometime before I purchase Blu Ray recording facilities though. I don't even have a DVD recorder yet.

The only issue I have with videos currently is size. Even though I have a large, high resolution 4:3 screen, letterboxed 16:9 videos look tiny on it.

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    There is also the fact about image quality of videos that goes against them.

The other day I decided there was little point keeping most of the video tapes I still had. Over 60 numbered tapes that I used to used for taping things off the TV, but I realised that I've not actually played any of them in what must be 5 years! Plus a load more with stickit notes on them saying what had been recorded.

So I quickly went though them all, and the first thing that struck me is how bad the images quality was. I must have got used to HD as it looked really low quality, flickery, blurred and saturated colour. Definitely wouldn't want to go back to that now.

I did however find some episodes of Dead Like Me and a few other things that I had recorded years ago but forgot to watch, so that was something. As for most of the tapes. Most are now in a landfill! I threw them all away, except for a handful that contained something I want to watch. But once I've watched those they will be going in the bin too.

Years ago I had this collecting habit of recording films and TV programs to keep. But I've now decided if I really like something that much I will just buy the TV series box set or film on DVD. Better quality, on a more permanent disc than a DVD-R or tape. It also makes Harddrive recorders great for things you just want to watch later. Much better than physical media.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!