Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

The creators of D&D rolling in thier graves

Dave Arneson and Earnest Gary Gygax were the two behind the legendary Dungeons and Dragons Role Playing game. They created the original D&D rules and many of the early modules in the late 70's and then went on it write the AD&D rules.

I just found out that Dave Arneson passed away in April this year, at the age of just 61, and this comes just a year after the death of Gary Gygax who passed away in March 2008 aged just 69. No age for either to pass.

It is quite sad it think that both people behind D&D and responsible for the creation of the whole RPG genre are now gone.

RIP

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

Average Inactive Member
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sad news. I remember reading about Gygax last year. Those guys brought an accessible and fun genre of fantasy roleplaying games to the masses. It was hugely inspirational. I have some great memories of playing AD&D as a teenager.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I still play it now.

Plus I do recommend for ALL RPers and their partners the movie "The Gamers: Dorkness Rising". It is hilariously funny and such a refreshing change to the normal fantasy/gaming related movies. IN fact, I consider it to be what the official D&D movies should have been like.
    This is not a signature