C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads

C64 Forever 2009 Edition

...is available at UG.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloanto
    To allow you to experience and relive the wonders of this unique computer, Cloanto, developers of Commodore/Amiga software since the 1980s, has introduced C64 Forever, a revolutionary preservation, emulation and support package. C64 Forever embodies an intuitive player interface, backed by a built-in database containing more than 5,000 C64 game entries, and advanced support for the new RP2 format, dubbed the "MP3 of retrogaming".

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    There has been a big debate on the EAB forums about Cloanto and asking why everyone hates them so much. It is a very interesting read, and I added my views in a couple of posts on there as well. Most think the C64 Forever package is a complete rip off and that Cloanto are basically making money from freeware files and other peoples work. Especially when you consider that the C64 roms were made free years ago, and the emulator being used in the package is free to download.

As for the Amiga Forever package. Most have drawn the conclusion that it is also a complete rip off and also wonder if Cloanto really do even own a license for the kickstart roms considering no one else can find any information about who now owns the rights to them or how the license is being used. Again it uses a completely free emulator so only the kickstart roms are a commercial part of that package.

I might give it a look via UG though.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I noticed this as the games featuring on the CD are not very well known ones or just old ones. I don't know how much money they ask for a CD, but it's for sure a rip off.