Poll: What is your Favourite Monkey Island game

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Harmless Inactive Member
    Downloads
    Uploads

Monkey Island fan vote

Monkey Island fan vote

I am a fan of Monkey Island games i have beenn from when they were first released
    Monkey Island 2 LeChucks Revenge is my favourite.

What is your favourite Monkey Island game.

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Same for me.

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Same for me. The first game was brilliant, but the second surpassed that and was even better. All that have followed have really just been following in its shadow and not really quite matching it in terms of story, humour or fun.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

ELITE Staff Moderator
    My location

Snake Champion, Invasion Champion Puni/Void's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I found this question rather difficult to answer, but I'll do my best.

First of all, I could vote for The Secret of Monkey Island because of the great memories I have from playing that game. It was the first one I tried in the series.

Another contender is LeChuck's Revenge. I remember buying it from a local software dealer. Played it non-stop for quite a while. Great graphics, atmosphere, humour and puzzles.

Then it's The Curse of Monkey Island. I was a bit sceptical to this one, due to it being so different from its predecessors. However, after giving it a go, I was hooked once again. Still, this game isn't, in my opinion, as good as the other two.

Number 4 in the series was a HUGE disappointment.

So, I guess I'll end up with voting for LeChuck's Revenge myself.

Now I'm looking forward to The Secret of Monkey Island SE - looks very promising.

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    And not to forget that Curse of Monkey Island features Murray, bwuahaha.

It's always caturday! My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hard to say... the first one is INCREDIBLE, and the 2nd one is even better
    It is a bit of a let down imho with the controversive ending, but I chosed that one as my favorite.
    The 3rd one is really great too, but you know, too cartoony.
    Couldn't even try the 4th one, it's... too different!

For those who dare! ClassicWB dev
    VIP
    Forum Mod
    Chopper Challenge Champion, The Collector Champion, BombJack Arcade Champion, Turkey Shoot Champion, Paintballing - Assault Champion, Tower 13 - Adventures In Body Saving Champion, Himalayaya Champion, Sea Dogs Champion, Yeti Sports 1- Long Shot Version Champion, Operation Switchover Champion Bloodwych's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    First and second about the same. But I'll go with the first, because, er, it came first!
    Live Long and Procrastinate
    A500 Batman Pack
    Classic Workbench

The Darth Popsicle! VIP
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The first two are both bloody brilliant, but I voted 1 anyway, because ... er ... it has less disks to swap. Right.

Harmless Inactive Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    thanks everyone, Monkey Island 2 LeChucks Revenge was my favorite because it plays on your mind and gives you nightmares, especially when you take Wally’s monicle you can stand for hours and watch him talk to himself and it makes you feel guilty, Monkey Island 2 LeChucks Revenge is so atmospheric you feel like your actually there the attention to detail is fantastic, in woodtick you can go the bloody lip and watch the sea life passing the windows , I also like the green water under the bridge in woodtick

I’m looking forward to the xbox 360 arcade version of the Secret Of Monkey Island, too because it includes the original and the new version with voice acting, there also going to be releasing Monkey Island 2 LeChucks Revenge the original version and the new version on xbox 360 arcade and the other 2 games in the series.

I will be getting them regardless of already having them and playing them since they were original released

Murray, also appears in Monkey Island 4 Escape From Monkey Island, I think its a good game but not as good as the first two.

I like Secret Of Monkey Island Monkey Island 2 LeChucks Revenge is my favorite, The Curse of Monkey Island is good but without Ron Gilbert the story didn’t get continued as good as it could have been, I really liked Escape from Monkey Island.

Burn! Hot Blooded Rhythm Soul! Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I didn't play MI2 until it had been out a long long time (in fact, I bought it on a CD-ROM budget release, with MI on the same disc, on the virgin 'white label' range).

It seemed to me that MI2 had a more maudlin and sad atmosphere to it. I think I probably enjoyed the original monkey island the most.

I've played the remake (Monkey Island special edition) on the 360 and it is very well done indeed, although I think i preferred the more realisitic character-look to the new cartoon style, some of the faces (Gov Marley) look a bit too goofy. The ability to switch back to classic mode on the fly is super neat; but I did find myself switching to calssic mode and back repeatedly rather often so I could have a look at every location in the style I remembered.