Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Above Average Inactive Member
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodwych View Post
    Give us a full review my_lo when you are up and running. I'm interested in this too.
    It starts the 7th of July, i'll let you know everything

For those who dare! ClassicWB dev
    VIP
    Forum Mod
    Chopper Challenge Champion, The Collector Champion, BombJack Arcade Champion, Turkey Shoot Champion, Paintballing - Assault Champion, Tower 13 - Adventures In Body Saving Champion, Himalayaya Champion, Sea Dogs Champion, Yeti Sports 1- Long Shot Version Champion, Operation Switchover Champion Bloodwych's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks my_low.

That Monkey Island flash is pretty impressive! Great skills! Those boots would be going a little too far for me however! I'd feel far too cool wearing them!
    Live Long and Procrastinate
    A500 Batman Pack
    Classic Workbench

Harmless Inactive Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am Monkey Island game fan i want Tales of monkey Island, but i do wish they would return back to the 2D point an click graphics of Monkey Island 2 LeChuck's Revenge it was very detailed and atmospheric and very scary Guybrush Threepwood was at his best

since then they have turned Guybrush in to a wimp and the graphics for Tales of Monkey Island are cheap and ugly looking they are a step down from Monkey Island 4 Escape from Monkey Island, released back in November 18, 2000 on PC and June 20, 2001 PS2

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I agree. Even though the graphics were lower resolution and more pixillated the characters and scenes looked much better.

Also didn't the original 2 games use matte paintings and hand drawn cell animation scanned in for the graphics? If so then it would be possible for them to rescan the images and make a better looking higher resolution version of the first two games. That would be brilliant.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

Harmless Inactive Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrison View Post
    I agree. Even though the graphics were lower resolution and more pixillated the characters and scenes looked much better.

Also didn't the original 2 games use matte paintings and hand drawn cell animation scanned in for the graphics? If so then it would be possible for them to rescan the images and make a better looking higher resolution version of the first two games. That would be brilliant.
    Yea all the backgrounds were hand painted the 2D versions are fantastic.

I’m looking forward to the xbox 360 arcade version of the Secret Of Monkey Island, because it includes the original and the new version with voice acting, there also going to be releasing Monkey Island 2 LeChucks Revenge the original version and the new version with voice acting on xbox 360 arcade and the other 2 games in the series.

I will be getting them regardless of already having them and playing them since they were originally released.

I posted screenshots in this post http://forum.classicamiga.com/forum/...ead.php?t=3504
    heres some links to the videos

http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/dor/object...ide_60109.html

http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/dor/object...alk_60109.html

http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/dor/object...bar_60109.html

http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/dor/object...lee_60109.html
    Last edited by Thunderhawk; 22nd June 2009 at 16:35.

It's always caturday! My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    SE of MI and Tales of both available at your local BG

Finished "Tales of" a few days ago, it is a pretty fun game, had some phun moments had some nostalgic moments, it's good.
    Now to test the SE... 2 moar hours...

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have just completed the game. I was on holidays in France and came back yesterday evening.
    So, first things first: it is pretty short and easy to complete, it took me only a few hours to see the end of this first chapter.

The Graphics: Honestly, it's very well done. Okay, it isn't the original pixel effect like in the first original episodes but i found the characters full of funny expressions matching the situations and Guybrush matches (more or less) the idea i had of him. I also like the use of the colors which gives a gloomy look to the game.

The scenario: Well, it's great. The sense of humor triggers, like Shoonay said, a lot of nostalgy. It really stays faithful to the original.

The controls: It's pretty intuitive and i got used to it very fast.

All in all, i think that Telltale has done a good job and i'm very impatient to get the next chapter and, especially, to re-play them one after another once they will all have been released. That's, for me, the only problem: a single chapter is a little bit too short. I can't wait to look at the whole picture

For those who dare! ClassicWB dev
    VIP
    Forum Mod
    Chopper Challenge Champion, The Collector Champion, BombJack Arcade Champion, Turkey Shoot Champion, Paintballing - Assault Champion, Tower 13 - Adventures In Body Saving Champion, Himalayaya Champion, Sea Dogs Champion, Yeti Sports 1- Long Shot Version Champion, Operation Switchover Champion Bloodwych's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for getting back to us my_lo with the review. Sounds good!
    Live Long and Procrastinate
    A500 Batman Pack
    Classic Workbench

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodwych View Post
    Thanks for getting back to us my_lo with the review. Sounds good!
    I'll do something a bit more detailed when the 5 chapters will have been released but i can already tell you that, for the price, it's worth it

It's always caturday! My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Just finished (first! ) Secret of Monkey Island Special Edition, and as soon as nostalgia kicked in on the main menu loved every second of playing it!

All the old/new painted backgrounds look lovely in 1280x1024, the characters...
    Except for Guybrush and Elaine, they simply look butt-ugly anorectic chiseled-in-wood liveless manequins.
    Especially Elaine on the close-up, yuck...
    Oh well...

Voice acting is really well done, perfect in each and every case (checkout the ghey cannibals voices :cheese).
    I was having doubts about Guybrush's voice being too wimpy in that trailer, but hey, he is a kid, no?

Rearranged music sounds great, very similar to the original tunes - which of course you can hear with a single key click

Be sure to do so - confront the old version with the newer that is - there are a few tiny little details that got changed here and there that add some phun to the playability.

BTW, I just realized how HUGE the first game was compared to the laters.
    Sure, it doesn't take much to finish it when you know what to do, but still, with so many locations, items, and tricky solutions, it took me almost 5 hours to finish it (of course with a little help from the awesome hint system when irritation kicked in ).