Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

My TOSEC CD set is finally up to date again!

It took some time to do, but I've finally managed to rebuild and bring my Amiga CD TOSEC sets fully up to date again.

I downloaded the latest TOSECCD DATS and then ran my existing Amiga CD, CDTV and CD32 sets through CLRMAMEPro, using it to rename any files to bring their naming up to date, and then replacing the .cue files for those renamed archives to make them correct (the cue files are included in the dat archive).

Once that was done I created a miss list for each TOSEC CD dat.

I then loaded each of the Pleasuredome Amiga CD torrents into uTorrent and used the miss lists to select the files I was missing, so I only had to download the actual files I was missing. And then it was a waiting game, for the downloads to complete.

So I now have a complete up to date set of Amiga CD, CDTV and CD32 TOSEC CD sets.

If anyone wanted a copy I'm sure I could sort out a DVD set for you. Not sure how many DVD-Rs it would take though. The complete CD set is 228GB and the combined CDTV and CD32 one is 78GB.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

Poor My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Wow, that must have been a big job!
    And it would be a lot of burning if you wanted to share a set.
    Are these dvd's for a real Amiga or for emulation?

Ron

Dangerous Inactive Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrison View Post
    If anyone wanted a copy I'm sure I could sort out a DVD set for you. Not sure how many DVD-Rs it would take though. The complete CD set is 228GB and the combined CDTV and CD32 one is 78GB.
    I'd be VERY interested in getting a copy, as I suspect my Amiga CD, CDTV, CD32 collection is well out of date.

Name your price, please, be it money or something else burnt onto DVD.

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I didn't update every of my sets since a long time, but only due to the whole structure change. I still have "only" about 300GB of files together, but I saw that some TOSEC sets grew a lot.

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The overall size hasn't changed that much. They have instead now combined them into two huge torrents. One is a combination of all CDTV and CD32 CDs and is about a 68GB download, and the other contains all normal Amiga CDs and is about 228GB, so I expect you are not actually missing that much.

I found that mostly it was a case of many files needing to be renamed and the new cue files added to each archive to replace the wrongly named older ones. And also that quite a few CDs had been moved around into different named directories for things like compilations.

I will see if I can work out how many DVDs it would take to back the lot up and let you all know.

At that size you might as well offer to send them on a 300GB hard drive - you can get them for £35 nowadays and it would be considerably quicker and easier (and easier for the buyer to use) than burning 51 DVDs each time...

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, that is true, and is exactly what the US rom burner called Eggman did for a while.

So maybe if anyone wants a copy of this lot how about this. You could send me a HDD and I will copy the stuff onto it and post it back.

Harmless Inactive Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It might be a good opportunity to buy a BlueRay Burning for this collection.

Dangerous Inactive Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrison View Post
    So maybe if anyone wants a copy of this lot how about this. You could send me a HDD and I will copy the stuff onto it and post it back.
    That's a superb idea!
    Where are you based?
    How much (in money/something else) do you want for copying these onto an ext. HDD for me?