Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Star Trek

Leeuwarden, Netherlands Or Hell from time to time
    Downloads
    Uploads
    (sorry for the absence guys)

Hello my_lo,

Wow, I thought I would have been the only person on this forum that would speak negative about the new movie.

To be honest, when I read what the movie was about and about the new Kirk I decided that this was one Star Trek feature I would not be seeing.

I don't care if people call me old fashioned, movies meant for the LCD are not of interest to me, they get to much served to them to begin with.
    [I]Earth is like a 24 hour, Seven days a week Stupidity contest which has been running for centuries.
    And every time they are ready to pronounce a winner, a new contender appears on the scene.[/I]

[I]He has seen half the universe who has not seen the house of pain (Ralph Waldo)[/I]

Above Average Inactive Member
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    (sorry for the absence guys)

Hello my_lo,

Wow, I thought I would have been the only person on this forum that would speak negative about the new movie.
    Same here, i was a bit scared for a while...

Leeuwarden, Netherlands Or Hell from time to time
    Downloads
    Uploads
    While I can understand that a large group of people like this movie, it has little to nothing in common in what attracted me to Star Trek.

I don't care about making Kirk and Spock 'hip' for a new generation, making them edgy and sexier, because that is not what Star Trek is about.

I confess, after Enterprise (which I also did not like) I didn't have a clue of how Star Trek should continue but something I would not have suggested was a reboot.

Also, I really hate the flimsy time travel story, if they want to do young Kirk and Spock, that is one thing but then don't put them in some stupid 'revenge from the future' story.
    [I]Earth is like a 24 hour, Seven days a week Stupidity contest which has been running for centuries.
    And every time they are ready to pronounce a winner, a new contender appears on the scene.[/I]

[I]He has seen half the universe who has not seen the house of pain (Ralph Waldo)[/I]

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Star Trek is all about time related paradox though, so it was continuing a trend. Personally I think it was a great film and a great way to relaunch what had, regardless of how much I loved all the series, a stagnant franchise in the last few years. This has really breathed new life into it, and I can't wait for the next one.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!