ELITE Staff Moderator
    My location

Snake Champion, Invasion Champion Puni/Void's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

GrafX2 - Released

According to the news listed on Amigaworld.net, a program called GrafX2 has been released for the Amiga.

Here's a description of the program from the official website:

It's a bitmap paint program that allows you to draw in more than 60 video resolutions (from 320x200, including most of the standard Amiga resolutions : 320x256, 320x512, 640x256, 640x512, etc... provided your videocard knows how to handle them). It was written to run under DOS, but the code you'll find here was modified to use SDL and modern operating systems.

This program is dedicated to everybody who knows what a single pixel is. Its layout is not very different from the famous Deluxe Paint or Brilliance, so it will be quite easy to handle it if you know at least one of these programs. If you aren't used to the art of drawing with up to 256 colors, it will be a little more difficult for you, but you should give it a try (or more, because most of the power of this program won't show up on the first try). Then, you might eventually like to draw the oldskool way with GrafX2.

The program, although still unfinished (but perfectly operational) offers all the useful tools you can expect from a bitmap paint program (if they aren't already available, they will be). We took most of the best ideas from other paint programs and added many other original and very useful tools, just to try to bring you the best 256-color bitmap paint program for PC. It's up to you to decide if we have succeeded, so please download it, try it and make your own opinion. By the way, it's FREEWARE and open source !
    As for myself, I'm currently using the good old Deluxe Paint for some upcoming demo releases. Will give this program a try though. It will be interesting to see if it has something more to offer than the one I'm currently using.

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That does look interesting. Thanks for the info PG. I will have to try it out.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!