Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Harmless Inactive Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I used the E/Box conversion kit to build the A1200 in a tower. I guess that was the easiest way to go. I liked the separation of keyboard and computer, but after using a PC keyboard for several years now I want to go back to my A1200 keyboard again. (For some reason it just feels better). The plan is to install a microcontroller that converts the 31 pins of the A1200 keyboard to serial data and decode back with a second microcontroller it in the tower. This will probably be my next project.

Burn! Hot Blooded Rhythm Soul! Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I never had an external drive when the A500 was in it's prime. Yes, shocking I know, but I persevered with it.

I finally bought one from eBay about two or three years ago when I got the A500 back down from the loft to see if it still worked (it did, but not perfectly).

ELITE Staff Moderator
    My location

Snake Champion, Invasion Champion Puni/Void's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have an external 3.5" diskdrive connected to the A1200, along with a 2x Power Computing CD-ROM (from 1995). Works fine for those Aminet CD's and CD32 games.

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Edwinner View Post
    I used the E/Box conversion kit to build the A1200 in a tower. I guess that was the easiest way to go. I liked the separation of keyboard and computer, but after using a PC keyboard for several years now I want to go back to my A1200 keyboard again. (For some reason it just feels better). The plan is to install a microcontroller that converts the 31 pins of the A1200 keyboard to serial data and decode back with a second microcontroller it in the tower. This will probably be my next project.
    There are two other alternatives you could use. The easiest would be if you could find an A4000 keyboard and connect that up. The other is to connect the A1200 keyboard up in it's own custom case and use a Keyrah device which converts the A1200 keyboard into a PC keyboard. You could then just plug it in instead of the PC keyboard you are currently using.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

Harmless Inactive Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I liked this Keyrah device (never heard of it), but it converts the A1200 keyboard into an USB device. This means that I can still not use it for my A1200 tower. I think I need a device that converts the A1200 keyboard into a PC compatible serial commands. Then I can either connect the A1200 or PC keyboard to my tower.

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I use the Keyrah in a C64 case, so you can use your C64 keyboard as USB keyboard for your PC, nice for emulation. But the response of the keys is very slow.

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That is a shame to hear the C64 Keyrah has a slow response time. Maybe there is a way to speed up the timing or something?

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

Mostly Harmless Inactive Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    In my A1200 Tower a 3.5 " 6.4gb, my A1200 desktop a 2.5" 2.1gb and in my ickle A600 a 2.5" 2.1gb