Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

The Tomorrow War

Has anyone heard of The Tomorrow War? It's a Space Flight Sim style game shown as released sometime last September.

Looking at screenshots it looks pretty nice and has made me want to give it a try. However, while both Gamespot and IGN have an entry with screenshots and video, neither has a review listed or any press scores.

You can check out some screenshots here.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

Wiseguy Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I just noticed this title today too, in the same place as you I bet. I have no idea what this game is, haven't heard of the novels its based on either. I looked it up on Mobygames and they say it's actually from 2006, with a 2007 expansion available. There's a link to a russian review as well, and if I read those boxes on the bottom of it correctly, they score it 42 out of 100 while their user score is 61 out of 100.

I'm getting it anyway. Looks interesting enough to me.

Leeuwarden, Netherlands Or Hell from time to time
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It is a shame that so many of the promising East European/Russian games always turn out to be so badly executed.
    If they could pull it off well more often they would become serious competitors to Western developers.

I wish I could have a look at it but its to obscure to find it here in the stores.
    [I]Earth is like a 24 hour, Seven days a week Stupidity contest which has been running for centuries.
    And every time they are ready to pronounce a winner, a new contender appears on the scene.[/I]

[I]He has seen half the universe who has not seen the house of pain (Ralph Waldo)[/I]

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You don't think we are both actually buying it to try it, do you Ghost?

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost
    It is a shame that so many of the promising East European/Russian games always turn out to be so badly executed.
    If they could pull it off well more often they would become serious competitors to Western developers.
    That is very true. There are loads of up and coming developers in ex Eastern Block countries now developing some great game ideas. They just don't normally have the design skills to make them as polished as the established developers can. But the biggest issue is normally always with the story telling and how it develops during the game.

There are exceptions though. STALKER was a pretty good game, although the sequel "Clear Sky" was a bit of a let down as it didn't really add anything new, but suddenly increased the difficulty.

Back to the game, I also noticed on a couple of sites that it was listed with a 2006/7 release date. Maybe it was released in Russia at that time, and has only now been converted to English for a release in the West?

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

Leeuwarden, Netherlands Or Hell from time to time
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I didn't really think you would purchase it, but perhaps have a look at the game to see what it was.
    [I]Earth is like a 24 hour, Seven days a week Stupidity contest which has been running for centuries.
    And every time they are ready to pronounce a winner, a new contender appears on the scene.[/I]

[I]He has seen half the universe who has not seen the house of pain (Ralph Waldo)[/I]