Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Leeuwarden, Netherlands Or Hell from time to time
    Downloads
    Uploads

Half Life 2 Episode 2, postponed AGAIN!!!

Hello all,

As the thread title says it, Episode 2 has been delayed again to Christmas this year.
    Why does Valve even bother with release dates when they can't stick with them anyway, I was planning to get Episode 2 last Christmas for the holidays.

Instead of that and perhaps Metroid Prime Corruption I was left with nothing and that got pretty boring quickly.
    As of now, I am pulling Half Life 2 Episode 2 from my 'eagerly awaiting' list.
    [I]Earth is like a 24 hour, Seven days a week Stupidity contest which has been running for centuries.
    And every time they are ready to pronounce a winner, a new contender appears on the scene.[/I]

[I]He has seen half the universe who has not seen the house of pain (Ralph Waldo)[/I]

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It happens with many games. As with most things in life, initial estimated do not take into account unforeseen events that happen along the way.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Episode 2 has been delayed again to Christmas this year.
    THIS year??? And it should have been released last christmas?? Wtf, don't announce dates that you can't keep.

The same goes for Stalker, which will now be released, I think that one was announced for 2003/4 in the beginning.

ELITE Staff Member
    My location

Space Invaders Champion, Flash Sprint Champion, Seconds Of Madness Champion, BMX Park Champion Submeg's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Woa that is REALLY bad! What happened, did they lose the game somewhere? Someone using it as a coaster in their office?
    Check out my blog - submeg.com/

ELITE Staff Moderator
    My location

Snake Champion, Invasion Champion Puni/Void's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That was sad to hear, Ghost. Stuff like that happens unfortunatly. I'm currently waiting for a couple of games myself. Command & Conquer 3 - Tiberium Wars and of course Fallout 3. Let's hope the first mentioned title will be released in the end of next month as planned.

Stalker has been quite delayed after what I've read. Hopefully the final result will be good.

Speaking delays.. I've been waiting for an English version of The Fall for MANY years now. And now it seems like it won't be released at all.

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Command & Conquer 3 - Tiberium Wars and of course Fallout 3
    I saw a trailer yesterday, and it looked quite impressive, a lot better than Supreme Commander.

I've been waiting for an English version of The Fall for MANY years now.
    That is the name I was searching in the other thread.

Other thread

Wiseguy Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Someone should remind Valve that the main idea behind episodic content is shorter, cheaper games released more often, instead of waiting for years for full games. If they really are going to spend a year and a half developing episode 2, it better be a full game. Or people just won't buy it. They can't possibly sell it cheap with that kind of development time behind it either.

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm wondering if this is what has happened. Maybe they did have Episode 2 near completion last December, but then thought it would be more deserving a full release instead.

Another thought I had was Vista and DirectX 10. With last December being so close to the release of Windows Vista and the much improved Direct X 10 API maybe they decided it would be a better plan to spend some time upgrading the HalfLife 2 engine with some new DX10 features and then releasing Episode 2 at the end of the year when they hope many people will have upgraded to Vista and be able to take advantage of DX10 based gaming.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

Leeuwarden, Netherlands Or Hell from time to time
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hello,

I am probably exaggerating but Valve mentioned a while ago that they are also working on Half Life releases for the Xbox360 and the PS3, and I believe they mentioned something like wanting to release these games all at the same time.

I have the feeling the game is already nearly finished but that Valve is postponing its release to finish up the console releases.

P G,

Command and Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars should be out soon, at a store here in the Netherlands you could already pre order the game.

It seems rather common these days that other developers continue the product another person started.

As for Fallout 3, I am sorry but I have no good opinion about Bethesda's likely ObliviFallout, the only true Fallout 3 for me was Van Buren.

STALKER, well a game magazine here wasn't so impressed by it, they are of the opinion if it had been released earlier it would have been more revolutionairy, now most of its ideas have already been used.

The Fall, well read the reviews before you buy.
    [I]Earth is like a 24 hour, Seven days a week Stupidity contest which has been running for centuries.
    And every time they are ready to pronounce a winner, a new contender appears on the scene.[/I]

[I]He has seen half the universe who has not seen the house of pain (Ralph Waldo)[/I]

ELITE Staff Moderator
    My location

Snake Champion, Invasion Champion Puni/Void's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Ghost,

I'm looking forward to play C&C Tiberium Wars. Have seen a few videos of it and it looks very good, at least graphically. Hope it will be just as fun to play Online as the older games in the series.

Will pay some extra attentions to reviews of The Fall.