Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    For those who dare! ClassicWB dev
    VIP
    Forum Mod
    Chopper Challenge Champion, The Collector Champion, BombJack Arcade Champion, Turkey Shoot Champion, Paintballing - Assault Champion, Tower 13 - Adventures In Body Saving Champion, Himalayaya Champion, Sea Dogs Champion, Yeti Sports 1- Long Shot Version Champion, Operation Switchover Champion Bloodwych's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Some new HQ ClassicWB videos

I've updated some of the ClassicWB videos to show all your friends and make them hail the power of the AMiga!

The main webpage video has been updated; click the HQ button for extra visual and audio goodness:

http://classicwb.abime.net/classicweb/features.htm

and I've posted the first of a series of tutorial videos, although it's a little unfinished as I intend to add annotation text boxes at some point so you may fall asleep at its slow pace! LOL!:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knu1KDVhCAI

The video shows you how to:

1. Copy the Games and Demos drawers from the default system partition DH0: to a second partition DH1:
    2. Unarchive the KG WHDLoad "T" game pack into the DH1:Games/T drawer.
    3. Edit the relevant startup-sequence files in order to make everything work as it should (links, Game launchers, RAD: boot etc)
    4. Examples of updating and running the Launchers in order to pick up games in the new locations automatically.
    Live Long and Procrastinate
    A500 Batman Pack
    Classic Workbench

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Very nice work indeed. Keep it up.

I'm sure those tutorial videos will be very useful to all new users of ClassicWB as those are exactly the questions I had myself when I first installed it.

ClassicWB just keeps getting better and better and gives Amigas a new lease of life, and their owners a renewed interest in using them (I know it did for me).

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

For those who dare! ClassicWB dev
    VIP
    Forum Mod
    Chopper Challenge Champion, The Collector Champion, BombJack Arcade Champion, Turkey Shoot Champion, Paintballing - Assault Champion, Tower 13 - Adventures In Body Saving Champion, Himalayaya Champion, Sea Dogs Champion, Yeti Sports 1- Long Shot Version Champion, Operation Switchover Champion Bloodwych's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks Harrison; always appreciate your continued support of Amiga related projects.

Coze over at EAB reminded me that I must consolodate all those startup-sequence files so people don't have to make so many changes when moving drawers to other partitions.

In the next release, I'll make an assign-sequence file that has most of the assigns in one place so very few changes will need applying in comparision to the current system.
    Live Long and Procrastinate
    A500 Batman Pack
    Classic Workbench

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That sounds good.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Bloodwych what amiga do you have looks really quick on the vid
    Many Thanks
    Andrew

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    He is probably running it via emulation to create the video, but I might be wrong. Looking at the Workbench bar in the video it is reporting a standard A1200 setup with 68020 CPU, plus 8MB fast ram. That might not sound much, but ClassicWB will run very nicely on a basic A1200 with just a fast ram expansion.

To get the most from it though a 68030 accelerator card with 8MB+ fast ram is the best solution. Either a Blizzard 1230 MKIV with some fast ram (best 030 accelerator), or the new 030 accelerator Amigakit are selling.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Cheers Harrison. silly question where do you put fast ram?
    Many Thanks
    Andrew

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    For the A1200 Fast Ram has to be added via an expansion card that plugs into the trapdoor expansion under the A1200. This could be just a ram card up to 8MB, or an accelerator card which will include a faster processor, sometimes an FPU, and the ability to add a SIMM for some fast ram.

On the A600 you could only add fast ram using the PCMCIA slot on the lefthand side of the case, using 2 or 4MB SRAM PCMCIA cards.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank You Harrison for the info.PCMCIA SRAM cards where do you get then from.
    Many Thanks
    Andrew

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Keep looking on ebay. They pop up from time to time. The A600/A1200 can accept either 2MB or 4MB versions of the 16bit PCMCIA SRAM cards. They were quite common on PC laptops at the time so they did appear quite often. I picked one up for my A600 a couple of years ago for under £10.