Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Poor Inactive Member
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by my_lo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by thirtywinter View Post
    Well.. My connection is by no means spectacular, but it suits my purposes. I was thinking.. I wouldn't mind getting my hand on some of those collections myself so if you want to we can pool our resources. We could decide on who gets what collections and afterwards we could share them between us. Saves ratio for both of us..
    That's a very nice proposal but my problem isn't really the ratio, it's more my monthly download limit. I have the best ISP in Belgium and i can't d/l+u/l more than 30Go/month, after that i have to pay 5euros/5Go supplementary, that makes me wanna cry.
    So, basically, if i would have to download, let's say, the NEC-Turbogrfx set (+/- 140 Go), it would take me sooo long.
    For those big sets, i was more thinking about some "i buy them burned on DVDs on the net" kind of solution... (if anybody has a suggestion, i heard romcollector does nice things)

However, it would be possible for the smaller sets (40 Go max), we could exchange a list of what we both already have...

To Teho: Thanks for the link, since i didn't have the previous set, i'll directly snatch that one. No-Intro sets are an example of what a clean set should be
    Wuth?? You have to a set limit?? Well.. humm.. I can see how that would be a drag. But then again, 5 euros for 5 gigs isn't that bad.. As in.. could have been worse...

My primary goal is to fill up my 1 TB modded xbox w/games from the systems I used to play. Spectrum, Commodore 64, the best from the Amiga days that is playable on the xbox without having to hardmod a USB port to it.. Sega Megadrive (I seem to remember that is what it was called in Europe) including the Sega CD (Good times.... good times), SNES, Nintendo 64 and of course some classic Xbox titles.

Maybe even some lynx stuff on it as I bought the original model that came out. (I wonder where I put that thing.. )

And of course, can't forget to give MAME some love to... after all, it has been a while since I played Black Tiger. or a proper version of Donkey Kong..

Hey.. speaking of which... I heartily recommend the movie "King of Kong" for those that still hasn't seen it. Very interesting.

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have 1.87TB upload at PD at the moment

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mine is lower, just coming up to 1TB upload total. Slower upload speed though. But once I switch to ADSL2+ then I should be getting around 2MB/s upload speed, then my upload credit should shoot up!

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I only have 512kB/s.

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mine is currently 448Kb/s, however I only have unlimited bandwidth at weekends and between 12am - 8am weedays. Between 8am - 12am te ISP sets a cap of 50GB for the month, with overuse charged at £0.50 per GB after that, so I throttle the upload speed during these peek time hours to 15KB/s, which slows things down.

Switching to the ISP Be* will sort that issue out as they don't have any caps.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!