Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RetroSteve! My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrison View Post
    Amiga floppy drives were definitely the noisiest of any system I have ever encountered. If you access a floppy disk in a PC it can hardly be heard most of the time. In comparison the loading of a game in any Amiga was very audible to say the least, but then that was half the charm of the system. I personally loved the chugging and grinding sounds as the disks loaded.

I still love the Amigas floppy drives sounds.

Much better than any other drive I have ever come accross.

ELITE VIP
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah and the way some games had their own noises, with Robocod for example the drive made two long errrrr noises just as it was about to finish loading.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Perhaps we could create a theme tune for the site... made entirely with the samples of Amiga floppy drives loading different games (Similar to the Top Gear tune done with engines)

What say you guys?
    This is not a signature

ELITE Staff Member
    My location

Space Invaders Champion, Flash Sprint Champion, Seconds Of Madness Champion, BMX Park Champion Submeg's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    But how could you do that without all the background noise?
    Check out my blog - submeg.com/

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Background noise? It should be quite easy to place a mic near to the Amiga drive and record games loading without any other background noise to interfere.

Similar to the Top Gear tune done with engines
    That is a truly awful tune for sure. Very funny though. Wasn't it James who "composed" that? Would explain why.

Anyone see this week's Topgear with them in the US? That was funny, especially when they were being chased by the Rednecks, and the cow on Jeremy's roof!

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

ELITE VIP
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrison View Post
    Anyone see this week's Topgear with them in the US? That was funny, especially when they were being chased by the Rednecks, and the cow on Jeremy's roof!
    Yeah - that was quite scary. I know part of TG is scripted but I don't think that bit at the petrol station was. I love the way on some forums, people from Alabama are trying to justify it, saying it would be like going to Britain and writing "The English football team are sh*t" on a car and driving it round. I couldn't see people in England reacting in the way they did, and in Scotland they'd probably cheer them. There wasn't anything really offensive, I mean Hillary for President? I thought the USA was meant to be a democracy?

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Umm... I kind of disagree. They did an experiment on Panarama during the last World Cup. The reporter purchased an old Vauxhall Astra and decorated it with all the England flags and football related things he could find. He then drove up to Scotland and soon after crossing the border was starting to get some verbal abuse from passing cars and pedestrians. Than as a final experiment he left the car parked in Glasgow. 20 minutes later the car was completely destroyed by local thugs!

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

ELITE Staff Member
    My location

Space Invaders Champion, Flash Sprint Champion, Seconds Of Madness Champion, BMX Park Champion Submeg's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Lol nasty!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by alexj2002 View Post
    "The English football team are sh*t"

Oh, doesnt the truth hurt!!!!
    This is not a signature

ELITE Staff Member
    My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hehe! Paying out your own side, now thats class.