Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    ELITE Staff Member
    My location

Space Invaders Champion, Flash Sprint Champion, Seconds Of Madness Champion, BMX Park Champion Submeg's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    cool. But my remedy includes silence, so why doesnt it work?
    Check out my blog - submeg.com/

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    F.ex. if you upgrade Vaan's license, so that Remedies cure Silence, and in battle you use Fran to use the Remedy, and she does not have that specific Remedy license herself, it doesn't work.

ELITE Staff Member
    My location

Space Invaders Champion, Flash Sprint Champion, Seconds Of Madness Champion, BMX Park Champion Submeg's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    hmmm that could have been what I was doing, not sure...

The Darth Popsicle! VIP
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Has anyone finished FFXII by now?

I completed the game a few weeks ago. While I thought the game was fine overall, I couldn't help but feel like it could've been so much more. The game started with a big bang - thrilling intro sequence, a fine premise for an epic storyline to follow, an interesting setting, decent voice acting. By the time I was halfway through the game, however, character development pretty much stalled, the story became a little convoluted, all sense of urgency was lost, and the end pretty much came as a surprise as well - it was abrupt and a bit anti-climactic, to be honest. It was almost as if the development team had suddenly lost inspiration, or perhaps they were running out of time or money.

I'm slowly, very slowly, replaying the game right now, hoping to pick out details I missed, but I'll probably have to wait a few years again to see if the next installment is able to surpass FFVII for me. I actually fired up FFVII yesterday, just for fun, and I still found it as fun and charming as it was back then. Proof that superior graphics and sound aren't everything.

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That is a very true fact. Graphics and Sound count for nothing. It is the narrative, design and gameplay that will always make the difference in the greatest games.

As for FFXII, I've not completed it yet and intend to very soon.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

ELITE Staff Member
    My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Im nowhere near finishing it. But I'm like that

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Has anyone finished FFXII by now?
    I finished it 2 months ago, if you go back a bit in the topic you can also see my opinion of the game.

And as you say, graphics and sound aren't everything, but explain that to the younger generation. I also like to see games like Lost Planet or Gears of War, but finally prefer to play Jumpman Jr on my C64.

That's why I call myself a Retro Gamer, and I'm proud of it. I'm sure you'll find another one like me on this board

The Darth Popsicle! VIP
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon Cleaner View Post
    finished it 2 months ago, if you go back a bit in the topic you can also see my opinion of the game.
    Ah, there you have it. Personally, I'm placing FF9 and FF10 ahead of FF12 too. Maybe my opinion will change after the second playthrough - if I ever manage to finish it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Cleaner View Post
    That's why I call myself a Retro Gamer, and I'm proud of it. I'm sure you'll find another one like me on this board
    I think most of us here can be classified as such