Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Either that or I want to wait for the proper version with the case,manual and everything
    That's the reason I buy the strategy guides, much better than the manual.

BTW, I look forward to seeing what you think of FFXII once you get your hands on it.
    Me too. But stay topic related here, otherwise it will get too big. Pirating and modchipping should not be discussed in here

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yesterday I fought 2 hidden espers, Adrammelech the Wroth and Cúchulainn the Impure where the latter was very tough. You fight him on a field that has a HP sap buff, meaning HP draining constantly, and very fast. I had to use 2 characters with almost only healing/reviving gambits, and one character for fighting (if you managed to get him fighting).

The fight immediately starts off with you losing HP instantly and constantly, so after 10 seconds your characters already begin to heal themselves. Then suddenly they begin to fall/die, and you should revive them immediately or you lose the battle (with the right gambits, this was no problem). I constantly had at least one character down.

Then the guy is helped by some other creatures which get you in an even worse situation. And he begins to cast Bio, and other status effects, so that you have to remove negative status with remedies and other stuff too.

I used level 3 quickenings from the very beginning, which dealt some damage to him, but not that lot, so I wandered around him, only healing and reviving characters, waiting for a chance to attack, which seemed impossible. And after a level 3 quickening of a character, your MP drop to 0, so when chaining with 3 characters, they are all at 0 MP, so no more magicks possible, only technicks and items.

But then I stroke back, noticing a weakness. The guy uses the Invert spell, meaning that your HP and MP get inverted, which of course means almost sudden death, as some characters only had 5 MP (you gain MP by running around), so being at 5 HP, but getting full MP back due to the inversion, I could unchain quickenings again and so on.

So I mainly waited for him to use the Invert spell, then unleashed quickenings on him over and over again, and trying to keep my characters alive, which was a very tough task. But I finally defeated him.

In the whole battle I used about 30-40 Phoenix Downs and Hi-Potions and it took me 35-45 minutes to defeat this guy. Adrammelech was also tough the first time I fought him and I lost, but the second time, with levelled up characters, he only lasted for 5-10 minutes.

Yesterday I did some hunts again, the main hunts, and also the hunts from the Hunt Club in Phon Coast. But I don't know if I'm going to do all the hunts, as it is very time consuming. I'm almost finished with the main story (I think), that's why I concentrated on the hunts. But doing all the hunts, can also get very tedious, as you have to redo the whole deserts, dungeons and plains again and again (sometimes you can use chocobos though). Will also try to do some fishing. And of course, I have still some hidden Espers (and story based Espers) to get, which can get a very tough task.
    Last edited by Demon Cleaner; 7th March 2007 at 07:16.

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So what is your opinion on FF12 compared to the rest of the FF series?

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    My opinion is still the same than it was on the previous page. And that's why I don't know if I shall play through the story, or also do all/some of the sidequests. Usually I do all the sidequests, but here they mainly consist in hunting rare monsters, which gets tedious with the time. But now I'm off for some hunting...

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I know what you mean, but the monster hunting is strangely addictive, much like collecting video games... you're not quite sure why you are really collecting them all or if you are really enjoying it, but you just need to collect them all.

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I hunted down 3 of the notice board today, and 2 of them for the hunt club (which appeared before me by coincidence, as they are spread over the whol FFXII world, so I slashed them). Then I did a short and a long sidequest, which I had to do to get the Barheim key, which opens the doors to go for another fight with an Esper. I saved just before the fight, so tomorrow we'll see if I get him or not.

I've also seen, that you must do different hunts, to reveal more of the (side) story to get all Espers or items or whatever. The good point is, I played the story so far, that I'm able now to buy teleport stones, which are crucial to get you from one point to another, without running through the whole world again, which can be quite boring, as also earlier visited places have weak monsters which don't get you further with experience points, but only hold you back with boring fights.

ELITE Staff Member
    My location

Space Invaders Champion, Flash Sprint Champion, Seconds Of Madness Champion, BMX Park Champion Submeg's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Cant wait til I have the airship so I dont have to run back and forth all the time...
    Check out my blog - submeg.com/

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I never tried if I can take the airship at the aerodrome?? But where does it take you anyway, wherever you want, or only to other aerodromes? But then you won't need it, as teleporting works pretty good, there are enough teleport stones around Ivalice.

I don't know when you exactly get the/an airship, I already had the opportunity to fly with the Strahl, Balthier's ship, but that was story based. Or do you get an own one later?

ELITE Staff Member
    My location

Space Invaders Champion, Flash Sprint Champion, Seconds Of Madness Champion, BMX Park Champion Submeg's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I hope you can get it later, otherwise it wont follow the previous games before it...
    Check out my blog - submeg.com/

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I've not got that far myself, but I also hope you can take full control of an airship later in the game, as was the case in many of the previous FF games.