Poor Inactive Member
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads

Commodore User and the Amiga

Well.. I've looked through the issues of Commodore User from 85 till about 87 and first off.. Boy did that bring back some memories. Amazing.

Secondly... It was very interesting re-reading the "US Hotline" (Or whatever they called it) section when they discuss the upcoming Amiga and it's features. They even bring up some very valid points of concern as far as what market should the Amiga be going for. (What identity should it have) They criticize the price point and expected software availability. Back in 85!

I mean.. wow.. can you imagine somebody doing that today for an upcoming release? A thoughtful analysis with valid concerns.. The person responsible would be crucified by rabid fanboys.

Well.. just wanted to share my thoughts.. Better get back to working a little bit.

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I love going back and looking through old magazines. Most of the time I've forgotten the content completely when they are as old as most of the Amiga magazines now are, and so the articles are all fresh and interesting again.

It's also great to look through the adverts and hardware sales pages to see how much everything cost back then.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

Poor Inactive Member
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yea.. I noticed... 9.99 for the cassette and 14.99 for the disc.. Good times.. And then I saw 1.99 for Kane.. that game was bad ass! For 1.99 that is.