Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Your Battle Trucks review has now been promoted to Editor's Review/Warning.

I did a few grammatical changes and rearranged the structure of a few sentences in the review so it sounded a little bit better. Hope you don't mind.

I definitely won't be trying this game out. The screenshots alone put me straight off. I cannot believe that this was a commercial game. Most PD games from 1986 look better!

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

ELITE Staff Member
    My location

Space Invaders Champion, Flash Sprint Champion, Seconds Of Madness Champion, BMX Park Champion Submeg's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Wow, that is bad. Really bad
    Check out my blog - submeg.com/

ELITE VIP
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Bet the boxart for it was pretty good though. I hated that, games that looked good on the shelf that turned out to be crap once you'd bought them.

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I got stung many times with 8-bit Amstrad CPC software that way. The box art on some of the CPC games was really nice but you rushed home to play the games and were presented with something dire.

I didn't get caught out in this way much with the 16-bit era. I did a few times in the early days with the Atari ST, but by the time I had an Amiga I knew the games I wanted for it. Also with 16-bit software it was usually possible to try the games out first in the store before purchase which was good. Something that was not possible with the older tape based 8-bit games.

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I did a few grammatical changes and rearranged the structure of a few sentences in the review so it sounded a little bit better. Hope you don't mind.
    But that was exactly what I spoke of whilst replying to Sharingan, I don't mind at all, it's great if you do this, that way it looks better, and it doesn't make me look like a moron
    Bet the boxart for it was pretty good though. I hated that, games that looked good on the shelf that turned out to be crap once you'd bought them.
    It is the same thing with music covers, sometimes the just have great cover artworks, but the music just sucks. I sometimes got trapped myself

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That is very true. I did too when buying LPs and EPs. Although equally you can also discover some great music that way. It's just luck of the draw and great fun finding out.

ELITE Staff Member
    My location

Space Invaders Champion, Flash Sprint Champion, Seconds Of Madness Champion, BMX Park Champion Submeg's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrison View Post
    Also with 16-bit software it was usually possible to try the games out first in the store before purchase which was good. Something that was not possible with the older tape based 8-bit games.
    Man could you imagine how much time would have been wasted winding tapes?

Quote Originally Posted by Harrison View Post
    That is very true. I did too when buying LPs and EPs. Although equally you can also discover some great music that way. It's just luck of the draw and great fun finding out.
    Yea I have a similar experience...sometimes there is the 2 dollar bin at JB Hifi....I have found some awesome stuff in there...and also some really bad stuff
    Last edited by Submeg; 19th July 2007 at 14:46. Reason: Double posting - posts have been automerged
    Check out my blog - submeg.com/

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharingan
    As you might've guessed, English isn't my native language
    So what's your native language?

The Darth Popsicle! VIP
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Dutch

Technically speaking, I used to be a British citizen, but I've never lived in the U.K..

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So your parents were British? Where were they from?