Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    For those who dare! ClassicWB dev
    VIP
    Forum Mod
    Chopper Challenge Champion, The Collector Champion, BombJack Arcade Champion, Turkey Shoot Champion, Paintballing - Assault Champion, Tower 13 - Adventures In Body Saving Champion, Himalayaya Champion, Sea Dogs Champion, Yeti Sports 1- Long Shot Version Champion, Operation Switchover Champion Bloodwych's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

New ebay layout now compulsory

Apparently, the new layout is now turning compulsory.

After a year of trying to get used to it - I can't!

It seems more annoying to find things, uncover categories and I hate the new "My Ebay" layout. It hides information in order to simplify the layout, but now you have to go digging around in tabs and popups to find what you want. It doesn't even show members next to items won anymore.

I'll never like this new layout. I've tried multiple times over the past year, but it just isn't as good!

The whole fixed width thing gets on my nerves too.
    Live Long and Procrastinate
    A500 Batman Pack
    Classic Workbench

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I've been using the new layout since it was introduced. It is better in some ways, but very annoying in others (many you have mentioned). I also sometimes find it hard to get to the sold section and actually see what I've won, and that does really annoy me.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

Poor Inactive Member
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I figured what the heck back in the day when they let you "test" it and just went over with it from the get-go. I will agree that some things are "hidden" for some odd reason that I just can't explain.

I've been buying and selling over ebay for years now, but I noticed about a year ago that Ebay was really getting greedy so I started to slow down on the trade there. Matter of fact, these days I don't use them at all. I will look for stuff there now and then, but most of the times I am floored on the prices that some of the sellers sets now.

I guess what I am saying is... I think I am done with ebay. And in so, a natural question would arise.. anybody know of any GOOD buying and selling sites?

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Our sister site Amibay.com Not sure for other stuff though. There isn't really anywhere else with such a wide range of items as ebay, which is annoying. Depends what you are really looking for.

Poor Inactive Member
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm a techie kinda guy, so that's what I normally look for. Also weird stuff like the Selk bag. (http://www.tetonvillagesports.com/LM...ng-System.html)

That thing is awesome btw.

And sometimes I will look for collectibles like viking stuff, old post cards and so on.

RetroSteve! My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't really like the new layout either. Will probably get used to it though eventually.

Why do they call it an experience? 'This search experience is available until April 2009.Try our new search'.

Poor Inactive Member
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Because experience is sexy sounding.

For those who dare! ClassicWB dev
    VIP
    Forum Mod
    Chopper Challenge Champion, The Collector Champion, BombJack Arcade Champion, Turkey Shoot Champion, Paintballing - Assault Champion, Tower 13 - Adventures In Body Saving Champion, Himalayaya Champion, Sea Dogs Champion, Yeti Sports 1- Long Shot Version Champion, Operation Switchover Champion Bloodwych's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ebay's homepage layout now has adverts dominating the top, as do many of their other pages.

Part of the whole redesign was about accommodating advertising. Useful homepage items are now second priority at the bottom or middle of the page. As if they don't make enough money already through ebay and paypal!

I really hate how the internet has become a business playground, with advertising dominating sites. Plus nearly everything on ebay now is buyitnow, so it's not even much of an auction site anymore.

Anyway, I used firefox flashblock to stop that annoying little trend.
    Last edited by Bloodwych; 2nd July 2009 at 07:47.
    Live Long and Procrastinate
    A500 Batman Pack
    Classic Workbench

Dangerous Inactive Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It's quite weird
    The new 'search experience' is now compulsory, but my PC still shows the old style ..... is this down to a cookie on my machine?
    If it is, can I copy that cookie to other machines? ....... I like the old style.

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You might be able to copy the cookie to other machines. However, normally cookies are set to expire after a certain date or time of the day, so it might not work for long.

You could look at the contents of the cookie as some have obvious content you could try changing. But most of the time they just hold a cryptic string of numbers and letters that only the server understands. Worth a look though.