Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I couldnt seem to get expressgate working, was telling me its not installed!
    :thumbs: Amiga, Wii Amiga on wii! SORTED! :thumbs:
    [img]http://www.my-wii.co.uk/wiibanner.jpg[/img]

I am Legion for we are many. Staff Member
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Just upgraded my CPU to a P4 HT 3.4 GHz Prescott. No real speed gain but it should mean I don't have to upgrade again for another few years.
    A1200 Power Tower
    OS 3.9 / CGX4 / OS4.0
    Blizzard 210Mhz (overclocked to 266Mhz) 603e PPC with 25Mhz 040 (Overclocked to 33Mhz) 256Mb RAM
    ZIV
    CV64/3D
    3.2Gb HDD + 20GB HDD

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah, that should see you good for some time, especially with HT enabled as it will be able to help most newer dual core capable software to run better.

What graphics card do you have? Some of the latest cards are now falling in price recently. An ATI Radeon HT 4850 can be found for around £100 can can run most stuff at very nice framerates. Unless you are still using AGP, then you are a bit stuck.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by StuKeith View Post
    I couldnt seem to get expressgate working, was telling me its not installed!
    What motherboard do you have?

Express Gate isn't part of every Asus motherboard. But there is a setting in the BIOS to enable and disable it, as well as some more settings for it. Plus there is an Express Gate installer included on the driver CD to install and update the software.

To make sure your motherboard has it, look between the expansion slots. On the P5Q Deluxe motherboard it is between the last PCI and the second PCI-E slot, and is a lottle curcuit board sticking out from the main motherboard. Basically a USB flash drive without a case.

Average Inactive Member
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I got new main PC specs now, my old mobo died and since it was a 939 agp board it is not easy to get hold of another so I bought this mobo/cpu/ram/gpu instead.

Foxconn M61PMV nForce 430 Motherboard
    AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 4400+ 2.40GHz overclocked to 2.6GHz
    OCZ 2GB (2x1GB) PC2-6400C4 Dual CH Platinum
    Gainward ATI Radeon HD 4670 512MB GDDR3
    Akasa AK-862 CPU Cooler
    same old case
    same 750gb sata HD
    same Razer krait mouse
    same sh**ty keyboard

You may be wondering why I didn't buy a quad core, well simple fact is I couldn't afford such luxuries it was just by pure chance that my old mobo died the same week I got a bonus from work, although this cost me £189.15 including delivery (£9.50!) it came overclocked because I am not too confident about overclocking my own cpu and I used the software with the graphics card to overclock that (it did it automatically at the touch of a button) and I have to say its pretty sweet my games have never looked better I am very impressed. Another added bonus is when I do upgrade this can all go in a HTPC as the mobo is an mATX and the graphics card runs nice and quiet.
    So if anyone needs a good agp graphics card and some good DDR ram then give me a shout and I might just sell it to you instead of putting it on e-bay I also have a socket 939 3700+ if anyone can use it.
    [URL="http://www2.b3ta.com/heyhey16k/"]Hey Hey 16k by Rob Manuel[/URL] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Was it a motherboard kit you bought? There are some quite good ones around at the moment when I looked. Although when I built my new system I opted to build it myself as I wanted to use an after maket CPU cooler and pick my own ram etc, but getting it pre-overclocked it quite nice, and I assume they cover it in the warranty with that setup?

And I agree about the ATI software OC. It is a cool feature of the software that you can just click a button and it tests the card and sets the OC settings up for you. However it is worth knowing that to be safe the software throttles the maximum limit of the overclocking back by about 20% to be safe, so you could push it even further if you wanted.

How much would you want for the 3700+? On ebay they don't seem to be selling for much at all any more. Seems people only want dual core CPUs now in general. I might be interested in the CPU to get an older system back up and running.

Dangerous Inactive Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My current PC specs:

Intel Dual Core processor E1200 @ 1.6ghz
    2GB RAM
    GeForce 8500 GT
    40GB IDE Primary Hard Drive (used to be a 120GB, but the drive failed and I couldn't afford a replacement)
    750GB SATA Hard Drive (with all my data & other stuff on)
    22" ViewSonic TFT Monitor
    Epson SX200 all-in-one printer
    Dymo Label Printer
    and Windows Vista

Not much to shout about, is it!?!

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I've just finished putting together the remains of my old PC, along with some parts from a couple of other older systems, plus a new motherboard, and it's turned out to be quite a nice second system, which I will be using for emulation mainly, but also for some encoding and rendering work.

The specs are:

Athlon 64 3700+ (overclocked to 2.4GHz)
    3GB Ram
    GeForce 7800GT 256MB
    ASRock 939N68PV-GLAN Motherboard (quite a nice MoBo for the price)
    120GB SATA boot drive
    2 8x NEC DVD-RWs
    1TB SATA second drive
    Thermaltake Soprano case.

Average Inactive Member
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    If you want the 3700+ you can certainly buy it, just name your price because I know they are worthless pretty much (which is a shame because they are good cpu's). It is a socket 939 and it has the stock fan and heatsink if you want it. Just pm me if your interested and I will hold back from putting it on ebay.
    [URL="http://www2.b3ta.com/heyhey16k/"]Hey Hey 16k by Rob Manuel[/URL] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]