Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Fallout 3

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads

Fallout 3

Have still to watch a video of that game, it's been released now and got very good reviews at Metacritic, currently over 90/100.

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The game is definitely getting some good reviews. PCGamer game it a very good review in this month's magazine. They did comment that the minority fanboys of the series past will probably still hate it as it isn't their beloved isometric games of the past, but as a game in its own right they have said it is really good.

Also worth noting from the reviews I've read is that they all say there is a lot to do in the game and you can spend a lot of time exploring and doing side quests without even touching on the main missions. Players can play the game as an out and out FPS with just the core missions to complete but for everyone else who enjoys attention spans longer than goldfish, the game offers much more.

I for one will be playing it when I get the time.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

Wiseguy Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Eurogamer gave it 10 out of 10. However it was reviewed by the same guy who gave Oblivion 10 out of 10, so...

Cue Ghost's rant in three... two...

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I ordered it yesterday (and also Dead Space and a dualshock controller).

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Dead Space also looks very good. A mix of Event Horizon and RE4, mixed with many others. I also like the 3rd person to the side viewpoint idea, where you get to see things happening to your character before you can react.

Wiseguy Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Dead Space is definitely good. I received Fallout 3 in the mail today, but as I'm about 3-4 hours from the end of Dead Space, I probably won't be giving Fallout 3 a go before tomorrow.

Dead Space has a great atmosphere, at least for the first half of the game. Remember the scenes towards the end of Aliens, when Ripley is going through the hallways searching for Newt? That's the kind of tense, claustrophobic atmosphere this game has. But you get used to it after a while, and it doesn't work as well through the entire game. It's still good, there's quite a few moments that will make you jump and also plenty of areas you will feel uneasy going through. And the gunfights are great as well. I'm also loving the holographic interface it uses for menus. There's no HUD in the game, instead there are gauges on the suit of the main character where you can read health, air supply and so on. And when you open menus, they show up as holograms relative to the character, not you. It hovers in front of him, and you can turn the camera around and view it from the side or from behind if you want to. Its information is also on several layers, so it has a kind of 3d effect. Looks really cool, you'll love it when you see it.

Anyway, I can certainly recommend the game. If you can find time with all these great games coming out all at once, you should have a look at it in my opinion.
    Last edited by Teho; 29th October 2008 at 15:02.

Burn! Hot Blooded Rhythm Soul! Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Dead Space, Fallout 3 and Far Cry 2 are all really tempting to me at the moment. When they are around a bit cheaper I'm gonna grab at least one of these. Dead Space looks the most interesting to me.

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    There are just so many great games being released at the moment it is mad. What to play first!

I've just started playing Far Cry 2 and so far I can highly recommend it. It has a very similar feel to the jungle parts of the original as far as I've played and it looks great too.

I've not had chance to play Fallout 3 or Dead Space yet. Those will be next though, along with a few others. I still have Mass Effect to finish, then there is the new X3: Terran Conflict expansion to play as well, along with loads of others. Also Spore to keep playing... then Space Seige... the list could go on!

Leeuwarden, Netherlands Or Hell from time to time
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Cue Ghost's rant in three... two...
    Ahum Teho.

As for Fallout 3 scoring so high, sure, because most journalists are in Bethesda's pockets and got the instruction well that if they want to have preview and review material from Bethesda in the future they should damn well like it.

For unbiased opinions, check NMA.

Despite what you think, it is not all hate and bile, some people enjoy some elements but they all agree; this is not Fallout.
    [I]Earth is like a 24 hour, Seven days a week Stupidity contest which has been running for centuries.
    And every time they are ready to pronounce a winner, a new contender appears on the scene.[/I]

[I]He has seen half the universe who has not seen the house of pain (Ralph Waldo)[/I]

The Darth Popsicle! VIP
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Jesus Christ. Jut got Motorstorm: Pacific Rift and Valkyria Chronicles today. Tempted to buy Dead Space, Fallout 3 and Far Cry 2. LittleBigPlanet out NEXT WEEK. I'm in desperate need of more free time.