Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

EMS Topgun lightgun

The EMS Topgun lightgun was released in 2006 designed to work with LCD and Plasma flat panel displays including LCD and Plasma HDTVs and LCD PC Monitors.

It works in a similar way to the WiiMote, with sensor bars. However to make it more accurate a bar is placed each side of the screen.

The gun is quite nice too, modeled on a real Beretta. And it has a recoil action that springs the chamber backwards when you fire, giving the recoil of a .22 handgun.

You can also cheat with this gun because it has a laser sight so you can aim easily.

And the best news of all? It works on an Xbox, PS2, PS3 and a PC.

This is the perfect solution to be able to play all those MAME lightgun games, plus the classics such as house of the dead 2 and 3 again!

It only costs about £30.. only problem is... it can't be found for sale anywhere! Anyone seen this for sale?

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

I am Legion for we are many. Staff Member
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    You can buy it on US eBay here or here although it does get a bad review from someone. Hwever if you're thinking of buying this for your PS3 please note:
    Only supports GunCon2 compatible PSX2 games on PSX3 console. Does NOT support GunCon3 compatible games such as Time Crisis 3!
    A1200 Power Tower
    OS 3.9 / CGX4 / OS4.0
    Blizzard 210Mhz (overclocked to 266Mhz) 603e PPC with 25Mhz 040 (Overclocked to 33Mhz) 256Mb RAM
    ZIV
    CV64/3D
    3.2Gb HDD + 20GB HDD

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I was "aiming" to buy this for MAME games running on my MAME PC, because at the moment I have a PC Act Labs Lightgun which only works with CRT displays on the PC, and my new cabinet is using LCD instead of CRT.

Also being able to use it with an Xbox and PS2 is also very useful for me as I have all the light gun games released on both systems.

Just a bit annoying it doesn't support the Dreamcast.

The bad reviews I've read were from thick people trying to use it with a laptop and not realising you had to use the sensor bars!

BTW, for the PS3 Sony are due to be releasing an official PS3 lightgun this year that will work with LCD and Plasma screens.

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I never liked the lightgun shooting games, but there are quite a few in MAME I want to try out.

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    And there are some good ones in MAME too. The Alien 3 one is great for example.

You can play them using the mouse, but its not the same. Too easy and not as fun having a mouse cursor to just click on the enemies.