Hybrid View

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

The loss of a loved one

It is my sad duty to have to inform you all that the classicamiga member Sarek2k (Mark) lost his wife Maxine over Christmas.

She suffered a brain anurism and stroke.

He is understandably taking a step back from the Amiga community, Amibay, OldSkoolUk and computers in general, to re-evaluate his life.

From Mark:

"My wife Maxine died on the 13th of January, myself and Maxine's brother & sister in law where with her when she died and the only tiny good thing is it was nice and peaceful and she didn't suffer too much @ the end.

The Funeral took place last week and many people attended."

I was truly shocked when I found this out today and it was a big shock.

My condolences go out to Mark and his family, and I hope he is OK and has loved ones close by to help him in this difficult time.

I'm not sure we can do anything, but I have said that if he needs any help he just needs to ask. My thoughts, and I'm sure those of everyone here, are with him.

I think it a good idea to send him a card and if any of you also wish to do the same please PM me and I can give you his details, or you can send them to me to forward on to him.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

Wiseguy Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sad news indeed. My sympathies go out to him.

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh man, that is so sad, I don't know if I could cope with such a loss. Many many condolences from my part.

I am Legion for we are many. Staff Member
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Very sad news. My heart goes out to him.
    A1200 Power Tower
    OS 3.9 / CGX4 / OS4.0
    Blizzard 210Mhz (overclocked to 266Mhz) 603e PPC with 25Mhz 040 (Overclocked to 33Mhz) 256Mb RAM
    ZIV
    CV64/3D
    3.2Gb HDD + 20GB HDD

Amiga PT user VIP
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    My condolences also to Mark. Sad news
    A500 - A600 - A1200

ELITE Staff Moderator
    My location

Snake Champion, Invasion Champion Puni/Void's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That was very sad to hear. My deepest condolences to Mark and the family.

Poor Inactive Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That is so sad, my condolences. Such a horrible thing, I don't know what I would do without my loving wife. I am so sorry to hear this.
    AMIGA - Some people will never "get" it........

Deadly VIP
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sad news indeed, my condolences also.
    Sam440EP & AOS4.1, 250 gig SATA HD & DVD Rewriter.

Towered A1200 3.1 rom, OS3.9 and OS4.0
    PPC 166 mhz 060 50mhz, 192 meg.
    Buffered Interface, 40 & 80 gig HDs, CD & DVD Rewriters.
    Mediator 1200TX, Voodoo 5500, Radeon ATI 9200, Audio, USB, Ethernet, TV/FM.
    Card reader and 19" TFT Monitor.

Thank you all for you support i know this is a very late reply but i'm sure you all understand!

Nothing has ever rocked my world like this has! I'm trying my best to get through and friends / family are helping me but it's the toughest road i've ever travelled.

it's been 3 months now since the loss of my wife and it's not getting any easier just yet i know it will be quite a while to at least get back to being happy in life.

With the help of harrison i've setup www.maxinerobinson.co.uk a tribute site it's not finished yet i still have many photo's and albums to go through infact it's even hosted on classicamiga space (i don't get any space with my internet)

again i can't tell you how much your messages of support helped me in the early days and even now, i've lost my intrest for Amiga computers and computers in general, but i have not lost faith in the community of sites like classicamiga & amibay etc i don't know if i will have the same enthusiasm i once did but only time will tell.

Maxine always supported me in computers and what ever i wanted she always allowed me to get be it Amiga / Pc whatever never did she say "do you really need one of those" God bless her she was one of a kind.

Thank you one and all especially Harrison.
    A1200 : Blizzard 030 / 4gb 2.5" Hd /64mb Edo ram/1 gb compact flash - pcmcia / internal scan doubler / Trilogic joystick mouse adaptor (works with pc optical mice) 17" Black Samtron samsung monitor...

I've only just come across this thread and it deeply saddens me to read Marks words.

Due to Mark passing away recently, I've been looking back at our old chat logs and finding his last activity on the Amiga forums. He never really regained interest in the Amiga community after his wife passed away but he threw himself into the church and helping the local community. His passing has left a large hole in many peoples lives.

At least you can be with Max now m8.

You will be missed, we had a bloody good laugh!!!

RIP my friend
    [url]www.oldskooluk.org[/url]