Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Snow

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    We have just had a load more snow here. Probably the same as we had Sunday night! Bit annoyed as I had only washed the car windows this afternoon and made then clear again.

I also saw about the councils running out of grit on the news today. Mad to think they are that unprepared! I bet the owners of the grit/salt quarry in the UK now has a big smile on his face with the orders of more grit that will be coming in.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

Dangerous Inactive Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    We've just had loads more snow in the early hours, and it's still coming down!
    I've even taken a picture!

OMG :shock:
    That's the most snow Northampton has seen in years!

I am Legion for we are many. Staff Member
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Whilst it still snowing here it looks like the weather forecasters were lying again. at best we had 2 inches which considering our altitude is pathetic.

Snow.jpg
    A1200 Power Tower
    OS 3.9 / CGX4 / OS4.0
    Blizzard 210Mhz (overclocked to 266Mhz) 603e PPC with 25Mhz 040 (Overclocked to 33Mhz) 256Mb RAM
    ZIV
    CV64/3D
    3.2Gb HDD + 20GB HDD

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah, we only had about 2or 3 inches last night too. They definitely said it would be much more than that, especially from all the reports I had been hearing on the radio last night about the blizzard conditions in Salisbury, which isn't that far away!

And when I got up this morning it was raining, so was already doing a good job of melting the snow.

RetroSteve! My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    It has been snowing quite heavily today.

Went to college for my maths test, but the teacher didn't turn up so I'm guessing he couldn't get there.

Got the bus back, which terminated early (luckily it terminated at my stop). As soon as I got off it was announced on the radio that all First Mainline busses are cancelled. Don't know about other operators.

Here is the view from my bedroom today: http://stevecoates.net/snow/thrusday.jpg

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That doesn't look like as much snow as we've had in the south from that last pic. Mad how our public transport system grinds to a halt at the first sign of cold weather!

Dangerous Inactive Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, this morning I had a long journey ahead of me, as I was supposed to be driving to Kent .... yep that's right KENT .... from Northampton ..... in that snow!
    So, I set off, and it was slow going, with only one route out of Northampton that was actually moving (no cars stuck etc.) so I took that, got on to the M1 and it wasn't to bad (although a bit slippy)
    Anyway, once I got past Newport Pagnell services, the traffic problems were down to non-existent. Once I got down to the M25 though, things changed ..... the snow had been traded for heavy rain and really thick fog ..... so now I could drive in a straight line without skidding, but couldn't see a damn thing
    Anyway, I got there in the end ..... set off at approx. 8:00 and arrived at my destination at 12:00 .... what a bloody journey!
    I've got to do the same thing tomorrow evening (although back to Northampton) ..... wish me luck!

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well last night we had some more snow. Still not as much as they said but tonight we're looking at more again.

Snow2.jpg

The rather pathetic snowman (Bert) was made by my niece and nephew on Saturday with what remained of the old snow and looked bad before the new snow fal but now just looks awful.
    A1200 Power Tower
    OS 3.9 / CGX4 / OS4.0
    Blizzard 210Mhz (overclocked to 266Mhz) 603e PPC with 25Mhz 040 (Overclocked to 33Mhz) 256Mb RAM
    ZIV
    CV64/3D
    3.2Gb HDD + 20GB HDD

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No snow here any longer. Just lots of heavy rain and flooding!

I bet Australia would really like some snow about now! Those fires are really bad.

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've just had quite a fun drive. At the moment along with the snow there's very thick fog with visibility down to 50 feet in places, people driving in the fog with no lights on, because of the snow it makes the fog worse because every thing's either white or black and all that's along some very windy roads (fortunately gritted as Staffordshire did get a large delivery of grit just before) littered with broken down cars. It was quite interesting.
    A1200 Power Tower
    OS 3.9 / CGX4 / OS4.0
    ZIV
    CV64/3D
    3.2Gb HDD + 20GB HDD