Dangerous Inactive Member
    Downloads
    Uploads

Gaming events taking place this year (2009)

Hi all,

As some of you will know, I like to attend gaming events and I usually take my Amiga and some other machines with me.
    This year I'm gonna be attending the following events:

Byte Back '09: March 7th-8th
    I'm attending this event along with many people who I know from the Retro Gamer and Weekend Gamer forums. It's taking part in Stoke. Tickets are £12.00 (iirc)
    I'm taking my Amiga 1200, Amiga CDTV and my Amstrad CPC 6128. I'm also supplying the PA system for the Q&A with the guest speakers.

Jamie Woodhouse (who made Qwak, Nitro and All Terrain Racing to name a few) is attending along with some ex-employees of Ocean.

This looks like it's gonna be a good event.

Another one I'm attending is:

Retro Computer Museum: 31st May 2009
    Retro Computer Museum is run by Andy Specer. He collects lots of retro computers (like I do) and his intention is to open a museum. He's a really nice chap and a friend of mine (despite having only met him in November for the first time)
    He planned his first open-day/gaming event last year in November which I attended and had a thouroughly good time. A lot of the attendees I already knew from other gaming events I've attended and from the Retro Gamer magazine forum.
    Lots of retro computing goodness was donated to the museum.
    I didn't take anything last year, but this year I will be taking my Amiga 3000.
    As far as I know, he's planning on doing a second day in November this year too, but I'll keep you posted.
    Tickets are about £4.50 (iirc) but I've already ordered mine anyway.

Some of you will probably have noticed, I have put the banner in my signature so that you can click on it and see what it's alll about!

If you click on the banners, it'll take you to the relevant web site.

So ..... do any of you attend events? or do any of you plan attending either (or both) of the above?
    Please post and let us know of any events you go to or are involved in.

Harmless Inactive Member
    Downloads
    Uploads

Gaming Events

Thanks for that woody.cool - I will be at both events!
    Of course I have to be at the second - as I am organising it!
    Andy Spencer
    Museum Curator/Collector
    [url]www.retrocomputermuseum.co.uk[/url]

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hello again!

There's a few more events organised.
    The next one I'm going to is Console Combat held up in Manchester

Console Combat: July 25th-26th

This is also going to be home to the 'Hombrew Coding Geekend' where people will show their homebrew creations.
    All going to plan, I will hopefully be showing a little something I've been working on, on the Amiga, myself. I plan to take my Amiga 3000 so people can see it.

During the event, a trip to Urbis Video Game Nation is planned on the 26th, a local gaming exhibit.

So, you all no what to do ..... click the banner to go to the website, or click the banner in my signature!

There's more events planned that I intend going to, and will post links up soon.

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sounds great. And thank you for the update.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, after returning from Console Combat and having a superb time, thought I'd mention another event I'm going to in September.

Retro Reunited - September 12th & 13th 2009

I've now added this to my sig too.
    It's a two day event.
    It's in Huddersfield, in the Cedar Court Hotel. The event is organised and being run my SirClive (as he calls himself on most forums).
    All proceeds are going to "Shelter", a charity for the homeless.
    There's also going to be lots of machines (including quite a bit of Amiga presence if I have anything to do with it) and also, celebs from the gaming world, doing Q&A.

For those interested, this event is also twinned with Acorn World, which is held in the next room ..... if anybody has an interest in Acorn/BBC computers, it's worth popping in to there. I know quite a few people from there too, as I have an interest in the Acorn stuff

Purchasing a ticket entitles you to get into both events.

So, click the link for more details (or click my updated sig on any of my posts)

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Great to see even more events happening this year. Sadly it is too far for me to travel. Are any events ever held in the south?

Have any pictures of all of these events been posted online anywhere?

I've also been thinking. Is there a central location for retro events? To advertise upcoming events, discuss their organisation, and discuss them after attending them, and to post pictures and videos from the events, plus a run through of events, what and who was there, competitions that took place etc...

I think it would be a great resource and maybe a good site in its own right. What do you think? Are there enough events like these across the retro community to warrant such a central site? If so I would be interested in setting one up.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!