I received a letter at the weekend from Freeola. It stated the following:

Freeola has removed all uncapped broadband tariffs from the current range of services on offer. We are writing to let you know that we will be moving you over from your current Uncapped product onto our new 8Mb MAX 30/300 product, which will provide you with a higher speed service.

Your new package offers you the fastest connection speed available on your line up to 8Mb, a large data usage allowance of 30GB at peak times, and a huge 300GB at all other times. There will be no change to your monthly payment. 8Mb MAX tariffs have generous data usage allowances, but if you reach the monthly allowance any additional usage will be charged at a rate of 80p pence per Gigabyte.
Also, according to the letter Peak times are between 8AM and 10PM!

This is really crap! 30GB per month is nothing! Granted 300GB is quite a lot and would probably be enough per month (Last month I used about 250GB of bandwidth according to the logs), but not when it is only off peak times between 10PM and 8AM it is not. I would use the 30GB Peak time allowance in probably 3 or 4 days at most.

And I bet they know this. By reducing the Peak time bandwidth to 30GB they are basically trying to cut the amount of traffic on their network as most will not leave their computers on over night using the bandwidth (they hope).

And at the moment I was on a maximum of a 2Mb connection, but the new service is finally upgrading this to up to 8Mb, but then reducing the bandwidth allowance. Madness! And no good for me!

So it seems I may need to find a new ISP, and one that can do a seemless transfer from Freeola without me losing my connection for days, or weeks. Any UK Uncapped Broadband services anyone here can recommend I look at?