Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

PSP FW 3.10 OE-A released!

No sooner does Sony release a new firmware and Dark_AleX is hot on their heels with his custom release. This new Dark_AleX custom firmware was released yesterday and is based on the new PSP firmware 3.10 release.

It contains less that is new compared to recent firmware releases, but there are a few very nice and useful additions.

1, It now supports the 4th brightness setting that was only an option when the system was connected to the mains. It will drain the battery quicker, but it is there if needed now.

2, Finally better PSP PSX game support. The previous versions of Popstation had trouble running most PAL Playstation games, but the new Popstation 3.10 is much improved and many are reporting PAL games running perfectly.

You can read the full list of improvements to Popstation at http://forums.maxconsole.net/showthread.php?t=47493

Have you all also seen the document dat file support in Popstation? It allows you to have game guides in a special dat format that you can call upon at any time whilst running your PSX games on the PSP. Quite cool.

And if you want the new firmare you can grab it here

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    It allows you to have game guides in a special dat format that you can call upon at any time whilst running your PSX games on the PSP. Quite cool.
    You're trying to make me buy a PSP, do you

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Would I do that!

Would you seriously want a handheld system that you could take anywhere and be able to play Xenogears, FF7-9, FFTactics, Parasite Eve, Valkyre Profile, Suikoden, Wild Arms, Vandal Hearts... etc on? Thought not!

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    that you could take anywhere
    That's the main issue I'm not going to buy one. Everywhere I am is also a PC, so I can play the games via emulators if I want. And as already told, if I'm gonna play an RPG, I prefer to play it at home on a TV, rather than on a PSP.

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You never sit in the park on a sunny day relaxing and wishing you could play an RPG? Or get stuck on a train, plane or coach on a long journey wishing you were instead sat down playing your favourite RPG?

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    No. I don't take the train, plane or bus, I use my car. And at a sunny day I'm sitting on a terrace, drinking beer with some friends.

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    According to the latest Sony news, fw 3.11 is already at start. The cat and mouse game is fully in progress.

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah, I saw 3.11 mentioned on another forum and is due for release in the next few days. Quite amusing.

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    A bugfix has been released for this firmware:

3.10 OE-A Bugfix

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I love how the hackers can release bug fixes so quickly, and yet the original companies take weeks, if not months to do that same.