Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Amiga PT user VIP
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Zetr0 View Post
    @Tiago

my friend as you know royal mail are a pain in the ass, as the item I sent insured to you that got lost, i had to wait ages before i could send out a claim for lost post!
    Yes Zetr0 but the difference is that you allways reply, you are a really great guy!!!
    You were worry about it, and you did all you could do and the result was the best!!
    i can only say Thank you very very much.

But that guy is a different story, 5 months have past since then... and no communication, no explanation, no money back.
    A500 - A600 - A1200

Dangerous Inactive Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I do find this very strange, as I've had plenty of dealing with airey36 and have never had a problem.
    However, now it's been mentioned, I will be warey!

Harmless Inactive Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi guys, i just found this thread via google, because i made a search on airey36.

As it seems to happened today morning, airey36 is no longer a registered member of ebay.
    So i´m kinda shocked right now, because i bought many games from him, i would guess an amount of 1.000 Euros or more. Yeah, there had been some issues (like mold on the Monkey Island 1 codewheel and in some boxes), but most of the deals went really fine. Delivery to Germany was always fast, so i never had the problem with lost packages.

So it seems like i need to look for another seller.. i guess it will be hard.

Regards, from Germany.

Torsten
    Last edited by Fragger; 18th November 2009 at 14:37.

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That is sad news. Whilst some did report his level of service dropping off in more recent times he was one of the biggest ebay sellers of Amiga stuff. I always managed to get specific items from him when I was stuck, such as an A600 motherboard when mine died.

I wonder what happened to him? Anyone know. His real name is Tony Beresford if that helps.

@Fragger. Have you visited http://www.amibay.com yet? A retro trading site which I host, develop, and help to run. It is a great resource for buying Amiga gear. We have lots of trusted sellers.
    Last edited by Harrison; 18th November 2009 at 11:29.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

Harmless Inactive Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi, no i don´t know this site, but i will risk a look. Sounds good from the description.

I checked his new auction at 1.00 am, so his shop was still active at this time.

Regards, Torsten

RetroSteve! My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    That is a shame if he has stopped selling. I bought a copy of DevPac from him a few months ago. I was also thinking about buying an A500 keyboard from him as well.

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    @Fragger Amibay can be considered a sister site to classicamiga as I also host and develop Amibay alongside this site on the same servers. We have a great group of staff members on Amibay policing the site and making sure everyone conducts their transactions properly so buying and selling on the site is secure and safe.

Amibay isn't an auction site either so all sellers have to state the exact price they want for their items. This means you know what you are paying and we don't charge any fees. So it is a win win situation. Come take a look!

Harmless Inactive Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi guys, i just got a mail from Tony.. he hopes that he will back on Friday.. Yeeehaaaaa..

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Did he give any reasons why his account was deactivated on ebay, or why his buyers have been having problems?

Harmless Inactive Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah ...security reasons, maybe a hack attack on his account.

Btw he is back in business.