Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    ELITE Staff Member
    My location

Space Invaders Champion, Flash Sprint Champion, Seconds Of Madness Champion, BMX Park Champion Submeg's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yea that's quite a shock, very unexpected I must say
    Check out my blog - submeg.com/

I am Legion for we are many. Staff Member
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    That's pretty heavy sh1t. No wonder you're having a good drink. No point doing "What if?"s though because the only thing you're going to do is screw up your own head. Hope this week goes better for you.
    A1200 Power Tower
    OS 3.9 / CGX4 / OS4.0
    Blizzard 210Mhz (overclocked to 266Mhz) 603e PPC with 25Mhz 040 (Overclocked to 33Mhz) 256Mb RAM
    ZIV
    CV64/3D
    3.2Gb HDD + 20GB HDD

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sometimes it is better to sever ties with a friend, no matter how long you have known them, or how close you were to them in the past. Last year I decided to do that with one of my best friends I'd known since School.

He had started to mix with some really rough people over the last few years, via his workplace. He is someone who was always easily led by others, and these people were some of the lowest, roughest people you could hope to avoid. Out every night of the week getting very drunk and smoking like chimneys (he didn't smoke till he met them).

Within 2 years of hanging around with them he had been caught drink driving and lost his license for a year. And his attitude to life and pther people had degenerated significantly. His view of women had also degenerated, viewing them as objects, and he had slept with a number of prostitutes on his work related visited to Belgium.

He had a best mate he worked with who I'd also known for a few years. He was quite a nice bloke and was married with three young children. However suddenly his marriage broke down and his wife kicked him out! I later found out this friend had been sleeping with his wife... a few months before their marriage had broken up... so he was obviously one of the main causes! Although his mate still doesn't know he slept with his wife!

Oh, and he also joined the BNP which I definitely didn't agree with.

And the final straw? As he was my oldest friend I asked him to be my best man, and he refused. So that was it. The end.

Sometimes you do just have to give up on some people as they can not be helped.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

Wiseguy Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Back then I didn't just give up on him, I left that entire gang of friends behind. I still consider many of them friends, people I'd love to be in touch with again if they ever straightened up. I've not seen most of them since then though, and the few I have seen I've only met on a couple of occasions. Oh heck, I'd better start at the beginning and that'll make this a long story. I'll make a separate topic. Might take a while to write up though.

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sad to hear Teho

At the moment I still have a good friend of mine in my mind, he died January 12th due to cancer. His name is Thierry van Werveke, he was the most known actor here in Luxembourg and also lived in my hometown. I'm pretty sure nobody of you guys know him, because he only played in luxembourgish and german movies. He also was a singer in a band called Nazz Nazz, then later Tabula Rasa.

Here's an IMDb link if someone's interested in his profile.

R.I.P.

Dangerous Inactive Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I've not got anything major on my mind .... except for the fact that from tomorrow evening till monday morning, I'm on emergency tech support duty (part of my job) so I'll get bombarded with calls from idiots who don't know how to 'double-click' or how to type in their own name and password!

Great stuff

Leeuwarden, Netherlands Or Hell from time to time
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I know what I am facing is not as big as yours Teho, but right now I feel like yelling loud.

My new computer 'broke down' this Wednesday due to a bug called Fake Alert that invited in several other viruses to have a party on my hard disc (if I ever get my hands on the people who wrote these damn things the descriptions of what I did to them will even made the most cold blooded SOB puke his guts out)

The computer is still in repairs and I will likely not see it until the end of tomorrow's afternoon.

Then there is the continuing ****ing disappointments with Fallout 3 and its retarded DLCs and the crap I get to hear about the coming Star Trek movie.

I feel I can not relax anymore.
    [I]Earth is like a 24 hour, Seven days a week Stupidity contest which has been running for centuries.
    And every time they are ready to pronounce a winner, a new contender appears on the scene.[/I]

[I]He has seen half the universe who has not seen the house of pain (Ralph Waldo)[/I]

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The Fake Alert Trojan is itself harmless. It just throws up a false alert box from the taskbar telling you one of many messages such as a security risk or a virus infection has been detected. It then asks you to click and download a piece of software. It is this that actually infects the system.

Best thing to do, is get to know your system security. Always have a good up to date virus checker active and running at all times, plus do malware scans weekly on your system and have a firewall running at all times as well. Also make sure the virus chacker or firewall also has pre-emptive security scanning built in as this prevents things like the Fack Alert Trojan in the first place.

One question. What is your computer in for repairs? I hope that isn't costing you anything. It just requires an update and running of your virus software to remove the infection from the system, or if you didn't have any virus scanning software installed, tools specifically designed to remove the Fack Alert Trojan can be downloaded and run.

Regarding Fallout 3 and Star Trek. You have to learn that such things are not really that important in the great scheme of things. Not enough that they can frustrate and annoy quite so much.

While it is nice for a gaming series to keep seeing new releases that are true to the series, it isn't the end of the world if they are not. There are so many great games released every year that there are easily enough to play and enjoy. As for Star Trek, I'm a huge ST fan and am really looking forward to the new film. I'm not reading preview and guess work about the new film that has been posted online. I'm instead waiting to pass judgement on the finished film when I go to see it.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

Downloads
    Uploads
    @ Harrison,

Yes, I learned about the nature of Fake Alert later but by then the damage unfortunately was already done.
    I think the Fake Alert spyware got on my PC through a torrent I downloaded.

I actually do use a good anti virus program; AVG but somehow this managed to sneak through as its not a virus as you mentioned, and I had serious difficulty with removing it through AVG.

Unfortunate I could not find the right removal program for Fake Alert either, only leading to more frustration.
    None of the links I got through Google were particular useful.

I find it so difficult to talk about the other things, I can't find the right words to describe how I feel about it.
    [I]Earth is like a 24 hour, Seven days a week Stupidity contest which has been running for centuries.
    And every time they are ready to pronounce a winner, a new contender appears on the scene.[/I]

[I]He has seen half the universe who has not seen the house of pain (Ralph Waldo)[/I]

Downloads
    Uploads
    Man I was really frustrated when I wrote that post as I could not give Harrison a proper answer, and I still have difficulties with it.

I sometimes wonder if it has something to do with the Autism Spectrum Disorder or whatever it is called in English.
    It makes it sometimes very difficult to express myself to other people, to do it in a 'normal' way without me thinking I am making a fool of myself

Well with that of my chest I moving on to the topic I dropped last time; my focus and perhaps obsession with Fallout and Star Trek.

I still don't know how to explain it but I dislike, no make that hate that people might explain it to be one of the things I may have because of the disorder.

The reason why I am angry is because I care, and I personally feel that that loyalty has been pissed on by types of people I dislike a lot; corporate whores, people only obsessed with money and who do not give a damn about the creativity or spirit behind 'good' things, thinking that it is something you can copy and paste.

It makes me hate people.