Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Superbowl

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads

Superbowl

Is anyone going to watch the Superbowl tonight? Kick Off is in 20 minutes. I already made myself comfortable in front of the TV.

Average Inactive Member
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    nah gridiron aint my thing i like real football lol, mu uncle used to play american football though for the cumbrian cougars
    [URL="http://www2.b3ta.com/heyhey16k/"]Hey Hey 16k by Rob Manuel[/URL] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I could never get into American Football. Always bored me. Although normal proper Football bores me quite a bit too.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

Average Inactive Member
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Im guessing u aint much of a sports person Harrison, except maybe hmm formula one or beach volleyball everybody likes the beach volleyball
    [URL="http://www2.b3ta.com/heyhey16k/"]Hey Hey 16k by Rob Manuel[/URL] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ELITE Staff Member
    My location

Space Invaders Champion, Flash Sprint Champion, Seconds Of Madness Champion, BMX Park Champion Submeg's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I 2nd beach volleyball....gridiron is ok, a lot of tactics in that game :s
    Check out my blog - submeg.com/

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by rayzorblue View Post
    Im guessing u aint much of a sports person Harrison, except maybe hmm formula one or beach volleyball everybody likes the beach volleyball
    But is beach vollyball a real sport? Probably the best spectator sport granted.

Indeed I do like Formula One. Sad that I didn't get to the British Grand Prix last year, but I'm going to try and go again this year. I like all other forms of motor sport too. Also like some other sports. Tennis especially. Watch it whenever I can and have been to Wimbledon twice. Athletics too. Like watching all the sports in the Olympics and Common wealth games.

As for Football, I do watch the World Cup but that is all. Just not any other Football as I find normal club matches very boring and football in general has just never interested me. You can imagine what a nightmare it was for me that in one of my old design jobs I used to have to go to NTL sponsored games to film the stadiums for the NTL website and was given a free ticket in the VIP area at each match. For me it was the most boring day, but I can imagine fans would have given anything for that opportunity. I had to walk out into the centre of the pitch 10 minutes before the game was about to start to film panoramas of the stadium and fans. Then after the match I had to film more panoramas in the private VIP suites with all the guests present.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

ELITE VIP
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Didn't watch the SB this year, with it being the first 6 Nations Rugby weekend, I'd had my fill of sport.

RetroSteve! My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    No.

It took me about 5 posts on another forum to actually figure out what it is, and currently I still only know that it is some kind of sporting event. No idea which sport or why it is any different to any other sporting event.

Burn! Hot Blooded Rhythm Soul! Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ah, nads.... I forgot it was on. I usually try and watch some of the Superbowl. Watching the occasional game of American Football is quite cool, I enjoy it.

I stayed up to watch the Steelers win last year. As they were playing the first game I ever watched and understood a few years earlier, I guess they are the team I'd root for (if they were playing).

The previous year I watched half of the game with the New England Patriots and someone else and it was a bit of a dull one, so I went to bed at half time. The next day when I checked everyone said the second half was electric and the game came to life. Pants.

ELITE VIP
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well it's the final of the NFL (National Football League) in America. It's been advertised all over TV Steve, and I find it hard to believe you don't even know which sport it is! Would it have taken that much to look at it on Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/Superbowl) just so you'd have an idea what you were talking about?