Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Superbowl

RetroSteve! My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by alexj2002 View Post
    Well it's the final of the NFL (National Football League) in America. It's been advertised all over TV Steve, and I find it hard to believe you don't even know which sport it is! Would it have taken that much to look at it on Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/Superbowl) just so you'd have an idea what you were talking about?
    The only channels I have watched recenntly are Channel 5, ITV1 and Film4 ad haven't seen any adverts for it.

And no, I wouldn't have thought to look on WikiPedia because I really don't care what the Superbowl is because I am not interested.

n.b. I don;t watch that much TV and am not interested in sport.

This last couple of days is the only time I have ever heard of Superbowl anyway except that I knew that the Macintosh advert was played during it in 1983/1984. The only other Superbowl I know of is Superbowl 2000 in Kimberworth which is a ten pin bowling place.

Vintage gamer and metal head LowercaseE's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I watched the first half of the game and it was pretty good, lots of turnovers and scoring for a Superbowl. Then Prince came on at the half time show and I about threw up and opted to watch a movie (Argento's DO YOU LIKE HITHCOCK?) rather that a game that was sullied by his very attendance.
    --------DO NOT SUPPORT LIONSGATE FILMS-------

ELITE Staff Moderator
    My location

Snake Champion, Invasion Champion Puni/Void's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Most people, I believe, have heard about the Superbowl. Almost all American TV-series, (whether it's Friends - Seinfeld - The King of Queens - Everybody Loves Raymond etc) have references to the event. The same goes for the usual sports news. Often some references to the NFL or the Superbowl there.

Superbowl is truly a big event in the US, probably just like the FA Cup final in soccer in England.

Watch a bit of the Superbowl this year at the pub, and it's ok to watch. I prefer watching soccer though - especially the World Cup.

ELITE VIP
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Coates View Post
    The only channels I have watched recenntly are Channel 5, ITV1 and Film4 ad haven't seen any adverts for it.
    It was televised on ITV1.

RetroSteve! My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    When?

If it was on saturday I wouldn't have watched it because I rarely watch TV on saturday and hadn't read the TV guide.

Ah. I see. It was on yesterday night.

I will have been in bed then as I was ill. Also, I never pay much attention to late night TV anyway. And I pay less attention to sports, except perhaps the world cup where it is impossible to get away from hereing someone mentioning something football related.
    Last edited by Stephen Coates; 5th February 2007 at 15:29. Reason: Double posting - posts have been automerged

Average Inactive Member
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I used to watch the superbowl many years ago, i was a san francisco 49ers fan when Joe Montana played for them he was awesome he has won more superbowls than any other quarterback, and is considered the best quarterback ever. I actually ended up watching a little of the game but because i dont know much about the players anymore its not the same and i prefer to watch the highlights anyway as the full game takes too long.
    [URL="http://www2.b3ta.com/heyhey16k/"]Hey Hey 16k by Rob Manuel[/URL] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    i was a san francisco 49ers fan when Joe Montana played
    That's indeed some time ago. I am Packers fan since 1995.