Years ago, due to a stressful time at home I developed a fear phobia for buses and later also for trains.
I would feel trapped in them and start to hyperventilate, being afraid that I would throw up and humiliate myself in front of others.
I never used to have problems like this before but all of a sudden it got me and I would be nervous with the prospect of having to travel on a bus or a train.

For several years I have seen psychiatric counseling for my fears but nothing ever really came much of it, even though I was prescribed a mild calming drug (I do not know the right word right now).
Since last year I have been seeing a couple of psychiatrists who have been trying to pin point the problem and overcome the fear.

Now as part of a treatment I would try to ride on a bus from one stop to another and then build up from that part.
I tried it this morning and I am happy to say it was rather successful.

While I felt uncomfortable in the beginning, having the weird feeling again, this started to diminish when the bus started to ride, and I managed to stay in for several stops before I had to get out as I needed to go to the library to return a book.

I am to try it again this weekend, after this trip I am not so much looking against traveling with the bus as I used to do.