Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The weekend

Leeuwarden, Netherlands Or Hell from time to time
    Downloads
    Uploads

The weekend

Dammit, I can't come up with a topic subject and I haven't posted in quite some time.

So how about this?
    What have people been doing this weekend?

Me, well I got myself a new Stargate Atlantis DVD box this Thursday and I am watching that, and I am going to exercise riding on a bus later in order to start overcoming my fear for traveling with buses and trains.

I have also been fiddling around with some mods for Fallout 3, one increases the number of enemies gamers have to face significantly, making the last 'fight' really epic with dozens of Enclave troopers running around while [plot device] beats the crap out of them.

Unfortunate the program looses a lot of stability when running this plug in.
    [I]Earth is like a 24 hour, Seven days a week Stupidity contest which has been running for centuries.
    And every time they are ready to pronounce a winner, a new contender appears on the scene.[/I]

[I]He has seen half the universe who has not seen the house of pain (Ralph Waldo)[/I]

Wiseguy Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    This weekend I've been looking after my friend's cat since they're in a cabin up on a mountain somewhere in the wild unexplored norwegian wilderness. And I was at a birthday party yesterday, my brother's wife turned 40. And am still nursing the hangover after that. Later today I'll have to walk to where the party was and get my car.

And I've been playing Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction this weekend. Last time I started this was only a short while after I hurt my thumb, so had some trouble playing it. I did fine until I got very far into it, then I just had to give it up because I just wasn't able to handle the controller properly. Never played it again until now. Bought R&C: Quest For Booty a while ago, and decided then that I should play ToD again before starting that. So that's what I'm doing. It's a great game too.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Still haven't been able to get on the bus and probably won't make it today either.
    I still need to shower (have been watching DVDs since this morning) and then clean the hallway and the bathroom.

Damn, I promised I would do it before I would visit my psychiatrist again in two weeks. (I have a bus pass but its only valid during the weekends)

Edit:

Nearly finished watching Stargate Atlantis Season 4.
    To be honest SG:A always felt like the little engine that tried but never really managed to get there in comparison to SG-1, and the only barely as SG-1 also really quickly lost steam after the first couple of seasons.
    Last edited by Ghost; 11th January 2009 at 18:12.
    [I]Earth is like a 24 hour, Seven days a week Stupidity contest which has been running for centuries.
    And every time they are ready to pronounce a winner, a new contender appears on the scene.[/I]

[I]He has seen half the universe who has not seen the house of pain (Ralph Waldo)[/I]

RetroSteve! My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    This last week, my sleeping pattern has completely reversed, with going to bed early and getting up early in the moring (5-8am), rather than going to bed early in the morning and getting up in the afternoon (4pm).

Therefore I had to put up with being around all throughout the weekend, which luckily hasn't been that bad this week.

On Saturday I attempted to watch a DVD which had been recorded off the TV with a DVD recorder in 2006. Being a DVD this failed half way through, so I went and watched a 20+ year old video. I then went to my Dad's house as my grandparents and uncle/auntie had all gone for dinner. I managed to fall asleep at 9 am and woke up at 8am on Sunday.

So, I walked into town, and got the bus back to my house, then just did some work on my college project for a while, and for the rest of the time, didn't really do anything until dinner time.

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    We went out for a meal with some friends at Zizzi's (Italian restaurant) on Saturday night and I had a very nice pizza. Was quite spicy though, with some hot chilli's and spicy chicken, but was nice. Then we went to see the film Australia.

I hadn't known what to expect from this film as I hadn't read or heard much from it, but I was quite surprised at how good it way. It won't be to everyone's taste. DC's probably not going to like it for example Quite emotional in places.

Then on Sunday we had a nice cooked breakfast, then went out and did some geocaching (if you don't know what it is let me know and I will explain). We managed to find 3 caches which is quite good going for one day.

@Ghost. So you finally did buy Fallout 3 then after all that fuss you made? Would be interesting if you posted about Fallout 3 in a new thread saying what you thought of it.

As for SG:A, I[m a big fan of the series, with the final ever episode being aired tomorrow night on Sky One. Really looking forward to this. Will be a shame that the series is over though.

I agree that after the initial few episodes of the first series, where everything was new and they were discovering things, the series did get a bit set in its ways and many episodes were a bit too predictable and followed ideas already well used in SG1. However the final two series have been really good.

Im not sure what to make of the ideas for the new SG series currently in development though.

But for me you still can't beat ST-DS9 and BSG.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hello Harrison,

I didn't buy it, I got it from someone who thought I would like it as I have told him in the past that I am a Fallout fan.
    Rather sad when I had to tell him that I actually didn't like Fallout 3.

Anyway, I have that new PC and I wanted to run something new to try it out, might as well use that Fallout 3 and see at the same time how much Bethesda molested the setting.

Bethesda did not led me down, so fear the future thread in which I rightfully bash it as one of the most piss poor sequels to a beloved franchise ever, and argue my case why we should bomb Zenimax Bethesda and put Pete, Todd and Emil in front of a court staffed by classic Fallout fans.

Regarding SG:A, well I have been seeing a lot of filler episodes, and episodes in which the situation was basically undone in the end ("The Last Man"), that rather annoyed me.

What I read about the ending of the series really angered me, its another Star Trek Voyager ending in which one episode basically resolves everything.

Amiga PT user VIP
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Calm weekiend for me.
    I get some episodes from Prison Break, season IV, so we start watching it on Saturday.
    Saturday and sunday morning me and my dad did some more job in the railway model. I did some ajustments in a digital signal. Must get more photos to show you.
    Also played a bit more of X3-Reunion, excellent game.
    A500 - A600 - A1200

I am Legion for we are many. Staff Member
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Saturday was my scan day for my PC. watched the last few episodes of the Muppet Show Season 3. Got into the top 200 in Texas Hold Em on 42 classic games on the DS. Sunday went to the pub, played cards, got drunk, ate a beautiful Sunday Lunch and examined the insides of my eyelids for a bit.
    A1200 Power Tower
    OS 3.9 / CGX4 / OS4.0
    Blizzard 210Mhz (overclocked to 266Mhz) 603e PPC with 25Mhz 040 (Overclocked to 33Mhz) 256Mb RAM
    ZIV
    CV64/3D
    3.2Gb HDD + 20GB HDD

Deadly VIP
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Went out Friday with the lads after work.
    Met up with a couple of female mates of one of the lads.
    Thought I knew all his girl mates but hadn't met these before.

He then anounced he was going away on a little trip with one of them.
    He stayed out later than usual and was putting on all his best moves on the dance floor in an 80's club.

He has been single for a while so maybe that is about to change?

Went the match Saturday and we won while our local rivals were lucky to scrape a draw against a club at the bottom of the league.
    Went for a few drinks in the pub before the start and stayed in the pub for a few hours afterwards.

Went home and had chinese and wine plus a baileys to finish off with the g/f.
    Watched a film but I'm buggered if I can remember what it was now.

Did bugger all on Sunday but lie on the bed for most of it in front of the goggle box.
    Two footy matches on plus the obligitary episode of ST TNG.
    Sam440EP & AOS4.1, 250 gig SATA HD & DVD Rewriter.

Towered A1200 3.1 rom, OS3.9 and OS4.0
    PPC 166 mhz 060 50mhz, 192 meg.
    Buffered Interface, 40 & 80 gig HDs, CD & DVD Rewriters.
    Mediator 1200TX, Voodoo 5500, Radeon ATI 9200, Audio, USB, Ethernet, TV/FM.
    Card reader and 19" TFT Monitor.

Downloads
    Uploads
    *Steps out of shed*

This weekend I be mostly watching hard-cor.... er, playing golf

*steps back into shed*
    This is not a signature