Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Metallica - Death Magnetic

What do you all thing of this latest album by Metallica?

I've only just got hold of it, so still need to listen to it a few times before I make a real decision. However it definitely has a rougher and rawer sound than some of their recent studio sounding albums, which is always much preferred. And the tracks are bit longer averaging over 7 minutes each which is always good. I'm liking it so far.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

Amiga PT user VIP
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I was a big big fan of Metallica, have all their albuns, some concerts, even pirate albuns with Dave Mustaine (Megadeth) still playing, and:

-This new album put a smile on my face, the last one was so bad, but so so so bad, that i was afraid to listen to this new one. Previous album has the worst drum set i ever listen in my life, looks like a kid drum, all made in plastic, never understand why Lars did that s***.
    So this new albun is much much much metter then previous one, but no even close to the period from Kill'em all to and justice for all. But still better then Load/Reload.

I think that they will never be as good as they were. A similar band that keeps goind very nice for me is Megadeth, the album "system has failled" is really good, and still have the power from previous albuns in the 80/90s.
    A500 - A600 - A1200

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You are so right about St.Anger. I've not been able to bring myself to attempt to listen to that album more than a few times, because it does sound so bad. I did listen to it yesterday though as I played through all of their albums in order and it sticks out in their discography like a sore thumb. I also do not know what happened with that album or how it came to sound as it did.

I'm still not sure what to say about their albums from the late 90's either. No where near as bad as St.Anger, and I can listen to Load, Reload and Garage Inc, without instantly trying to reach for the stop button, but they are a poor second to their earlier work and I hardly ever play them, whereas Master of Puppets gets played near daily in my car on the way to work.

You have summed up what I'm thinking of this latest album and I really enjoyed finally hearing a return to a sound and writing style from the old days. This is definitely their best album since the self titled black album (which contrey to many I actually like).

And finally there is also a return to some pure instrumental sections in the album, which I always loved from their early albums, especially Master of Puppets, which most people will agree is their best work.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!