Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Amiga PT user VIP
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads

Meeting with Mike from Amigaforever.com

Last Friday i received a invitation from Mike from Amigaforever.com (Cloanto) to a small meeting here in Lisbon (sunday 12:00).
    I never saw or even chat with him before...
    He is here is vacations so he looked for some Portuguese amiga fans over the major foruns.
    I meet him him and his wife and other 3 portuguese amiga fans (Marco Pinto,
    Pedro Assunção and Jorge Canelhas).
    we went to lunch in a small local restaurante and we chat a bit about all stuff, not to much about amiga to avoid his wife getting bored... :-)

He gave us the Cloanto amiga forever pack !!! Great ! 1 CD and 2 DVDS in the original pack!
    It was great to meet with new people

Thank you Mike !!

I hope in a near future we can do the same.
    A500 - A600 - A1200

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    But... did you get the classicamiga plug into the conversation???

That is great that he just contacted you out of the blue like that because he was on holiday. I've also received copies of the full Amiga Forever package completely free from Cloanto twice (2005 and 2008 editions). This really shows that Cloanto are a part of, and are making Amiga Forever for, the Amiga community, and not just to try and make a quick buck.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

Amiga PT user VIP
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sure i did.

I proudly represented classicamiga.com !!

I will try now to bring the other 3 portuguese from the meeting to CA.
    1 one then has a A4000, other a A1200
    A500 - A600 - A1200

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Cool, so many portuguese (actually I like them, and their food )

The Darth Popsicle! VIP
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I've never been to a Portuguese restaurant before, even though I've been telling myself to try one since forever. Strange, considering I love seafood.

Anyway, he seems like a great chap! (Anyone who gives out freebies is okay in my book)

RetroSteve! My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    We need to organise a meeting somewhere near to the residence of Cloanto's staff so they will give us all legal copies of Amiga forever.

Whats the 2008 edition like? I have only used version 4 and 2005, but I just tend to use real Amigas now.

Deadly VIP
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharingan View Post
    I've never been to a Portuguese restaurant before, even though I've been telling myself to try one since forever. Strange, considering I love seafood.

Anyway, he seems like a great chap! (Anyone who gives out freebies is okay in my book)
    Never watched Chitty Chitty Bang Bang then?
    Sam440EP & AOS4.1, 250 gig SATA HD & DVD Rewriter.

Towered A1200 3.1 rom, OS3.9 and OS4.0
    PPC 166 mhz 060 50mhz, 192 meg.
    Buffered Interface, 40 & 80 gig HDs, CD & DVD Rewriters.
    Mediator 1200TX, Voodoo 5500, Radeon ATI 9200, Audio, USB, Ethernet, TV/FM.
    Card reader and 19" TFT Monitor.

Amiga PT user VIP
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Coates View Post
    We need to organise a meeting somewhere near to the residence of Cloanto's staff so they will give us all legal copies of Amiga forever.

Whats the 2008 edition like? I have only used version 4 and 2005, but I just tend to use real Amigas now.
    The pack has 1 CD and 2 DVDS.
    The DVDs can be watched in home dvd playes. So far i ony watch a few movies:
    - Official A1000 presentation
    - Interviews with a few workers of Commodore
    - Jay Miner interview in 1990 were he said really interesting thinks and he criticizes a lot the Commodore publicity and PR. He shows the commercials, the ones that a kid is playing a space game, and someone rings at the door, and there are 3 astronaults, remember that? So Jay Miner said: look at this commercials, it's fun, and probably will make same kids buy the Amiga, but it will be crap to the production target. No one that wants productivity and business of a computer will buy it, he was hard here! He also said that he would like to have a commercial with a Amiga and a IBM side by side to show that amiga would do the same but faster and better and with better graphics and sound. Really insteresting to watch.

I didnt try the software yet.
    A500 - A600 - A1200

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The two DVD's included in the pack do contain some great videos and footage; including the final day of Commodore, which is both sad and interesting at the same time. The multi part video of the history of Commodore with the famous interviews with all of the original development team, and another which takes you around the whole of the Commodore building are also both watching right though.

As for the actual Amiga Forever disc. You can boot your PC directly from it to load a Linux powered Amiga OS, which is great to play around with. And the full Amiga Forever package offers so very nicely pre-configured Workbench setups to try. Although I still prefer to use the standalone WinUAE myself. Also I found the new game launcher program very unstable and crashed or didn't load the games when I tried.

The other part of Amiga Forever that can be very useful is the Amiga Explorer program, for linking your PC to your Amiga to transfer files or to convert ADFs back to disk using null-model cable or TCP network.

I think now we both have full copies of the 2008 edition, and I think a few other members to to, that we should work on a proper full article about Amiga Forever for the main site. To give them the credit they deserve and to show others what it can offer.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

Dangerous Inactive Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have Amiga Forever 2005 Premium Pack which contains the same two DVDs with the same videos and footage. I'd imaginge it's only the CD that has changed.

However, the DVDs are a great watch.