Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 91516171819
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Brrrr fella.
    Getting 0ld0r is mandatory - Growing up is just an option.

ELITE Staff Moderator
    My location

Snake Champion, Invasion Champion Puni/Void's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Weather report: Some snow today here in the southern part of Norway. A bit chilly, but not too bad.
    Classicamiga.com Moderator/Demoscene Admin
    Member of the Amiga demo group Void
    Admin of Old School Game Blog

Burn! Hot Blooded Rhythm Soul! Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrison View Post
    It has been one of the warmest Novembers since records began, according to the met office. It does make me wonder why records only began 100 years ago (1914). What were they doing before that? Surely someone was logging the weather before this in the Victorian era when they were quite obsessed with the weather.
    I dunno, struggling to exist perhaps? Maybe there wasn't an 'official' weather body so any records before that are not fully recognised.

Reminds me of a (classic, so S10 or earlier) Simpsons skit, one of those little throw-away gags that they were so good at: "this is the windiest weather ever recorded; since 1982, when the record office mysteriously blew away"

Downloads
    Uploads
    Global weather is completely f'kd if you base it on the last 100 years of weather prediction. Seasons have fluttered away the last 40 years. Billions of tons of Ice are melting into the sea. BIG Global changes ahead. We've seen nothing yet.

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Weather forecasters and the whole science behind it involves a lot of prediction and complete guess work. We don't really know what the weather patterns were like in previous centuries other than comments made in writings that remain. Historical religious texts do hint at very bad weather events, which they attribute to an act of God because they didn't understand.

Yes we are messing everything up by pumping all the rubbish into the atmosphere, but when you look at how much pollution is put into the air when a volcano erupts it can put things into perspective.

Yes the ice is melting at one pole, but it's increasing at the other. We really don't understand why.

The world, its climate, and weather patterns have changed dramatically over time. It's going to change again at some point and we might not survive unless we stop fighting over fictitious religious deities and actually move the human race forward. Look how far science was pushed forward because of WWI and II and how far we have progressed since. However things like space travel have stalled. If we were not fighting stupid medieval groups and developing tech we would already be in space. It's mad.

Plus it's a waste of time trying to stop the world polluting the atmosphere whilst you have China and India, among others, not giving a damn and pumping whatever they like everywhere.

And India's brilliant new idea to reduce air pollution in the worst affected cities is to mount decommissioned aircraft jet engines vertically next to power stations to blast their pollution higher into the atmosphere. That's not going to cause any longer term issues now is it? Idiots!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Harrison; 8th March 2017 at 11:04.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Lot's of thruth's in your post above H.

& yes, the last thing we want to do is bugger up our planets higher atmospheres. They, along with our Magnetic Field from our spinning Iron Core, help deflect harmful interstellar rays n stuff ever getting to us. Meh!