Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Poor Inactive Member
    Downloads
    Uploads

This board has surpassed my expectations.....

I thought this would qualify as feedback.

Just wanted to convey how glad I am I found this site! Only became a member a few days ago, thought it looked interesting but I already can see this is likely to become a favourite place to spend time in. Having grown up being a "Commodore" kid from the C64 then graduating to Amiga I had never experienced the "other" side of the tracks if you will, yes I am talking about ATARI lol! Being older at 40 now and with more $$$$ (though much less time) I had decided to check out what I had missed back in the day. I joined ATARIAGE board and found it a great place to discuss and find info on Atari computers. Indeed they are interesting, but you know, I can't help but think I didn't miss much after all

Now, don't get me wrong, I DO find all computers from that era interesting and I DO still plan on checking out everything I missed. However, I must say after just a few posts here, the replies and responses and enthusiasm I see what it was that attracted me to Commodore and especially the Amiga in the first place. I thought I could go on and experience all the other platforms from the past and that I had my fill of Amiga but it still kept calling me in the back of my mind. Great to find a community like this that "get's it" I am sure all of you, like me, over the years had met and spoke with people who could never see what an amazing machine the Amiga was and still is, the sheep that instead of judging for themselves listened instead to marketing hype and followed like sheep. I STILL believe in a parallel universe exists a Commodore that handled the Amiga platform with the respect and care it deserved, marketed it properly and put the $$$ and profit BACK into the platform to evolve and advance it as it should have..lol! OK sure it is a dream and wishful thinking what could of (should of?) been. Sorry I am babbling on, I just wanted to say you all have invigorated and renewed my interest in Amiga and I feel like I have come back home! THANK YOU!
    AMIGA - Some people will never "get" it........

Dangerous Inactive Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    WOW!

What an excellent post, mate.
    Finally, someone 'gets it' and thinkgs the same of the Amiga that I do.

I like the sentence about the parallel universe, where Commodore treated the Amiga with respect. It would be nice if that really did happen .... I could image an Amiga running a decent OS (based on Amiga Workbench) .... excellent stuff.

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I guess a lot of people here feel the same like you.

I tried a lot of computers and consoles out, and still have a lot, as does woody.cool, but Commodore stays one of my preferred brands from that era, but I also think that it has a lot to do with the fact that I got my C64 in 1984, and still have very fond memories of it.

Dangerous Inactive Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah! It's definately an Amiga thing with me.
    Like Demon Cleaner says, I've got A LOT of retro machines at home, a big section of which is Amiga stuff.

I am Legion for we are many. Staff Member
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Most the people here are just people who prefer things with character rather than mass produced soulless crap like P.C.s. We all dream of a day where creativity is prized above profitability or at least I do.
    A1200 Power Tower
    OS 3.9 / CGX4 / OS4.0
    Blizzard 210Mhz (overclocked to 266Mhz) 603e PPC with 25Mhz 040 (Overclocked to 33Mhz) 256Mb RAM
    ZIV
    CV64/3D
    3.2Gb HDD + 20GB HDD

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Very nice post Chewieshmoo, and just like the others I'm exactly the same. Owning many systems but none quite compare to the Amiga. The Dreamcast did come close.

And thanks for the comments regarding classicamiga. It is great to read that members are enjoying their time here and having some fun alongside like minded friends.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

Harmless Inactive Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I crossed over from an Atari 800 to the Amiga. Jay did a good thing when he designed the 800's graphics. After seeing the Amiga 1000 in 1985, I was not impressed with the Atari ST. I couldn't afford the 1000 but in 1988 I bought a used Amiga 500. It was the best investment I think I have ever made and I am still an Amiga nut to this day. I emulate an Atari 800 but I use an Amiga 3000!
    * Never forget the Amiga. No other computer in history ever made such a big step forward...
    * A3000+2meg chip+16 megs ram+15" monitor+SCSI CD+mouse+joystick

Poor Inactive Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by rbelk View Post
    I crossed over from an Atari 800 to the Amiga. Jay did a good thing when he designed the 800's graphics. After seeing the Amiga 1000 in 1985, I was not impressed with the Atari ST. I couldn't afford the 1000 but in 1988 I bought a used Amiga 500. It was the best investment I think I have ever made and I am still an Amiga nut to this day. I emulate an Atari 800 but I use an Amiga 3000!
    Cool, yeah. I remebered really wanting a A3000 but it was way out of my league as a lad. Even when the A4000 came out I STILL wanted the A3000, there just seemed to be pros and cons for each model............
    AMIGA - Some people will never "get" it........

Deadly Inactive Member
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I am working on owning at least ONE of each model (maybe not the A500+)

I have

A500
    A600 x2
    A1200 x4
    A2000
    A4000 x2

MiniMig
    GB1000

that doesn't cover ANY of the hardware upgrades and or other components either LOL!!!

one can never enough Amiga
    If i had a hammer, I would hammer in the morning, i would hammer in the evening, i would hammer all day

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Zetr0 View Post
    I am working on owning at least ONE of each model (maybe not the A500+)

I have

A500
    A600 x2
    A1200 x4
    A2000
    A4000 x2

MiniMig
    GB1000

that doesn't cover ANY of the hardware upgrades and or other components either LOL!!!

one can never enough Amiga
    What about CD32 and CDTV?