Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    But only a couple of years ago people were also saying it was highly unlikely Apple would ever make OS X run on an Intel compatible processor!

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

Burn! Hot Blooded Rhythm Soul! Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Coates View Post
    I find it highly unlikely that Apple will make OSX ....able to run on anything.
    Tee-hee

RetroSteve! My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    This evening he mentioned how great the Mac is, and so I replied saying they were rubbish. You should have seen the horror on his face that someone was putting down the beloved Mac.
    Maybe he was just practising what he needed to say at work?

After all, it would be pointless for Apple if there were Apple stores that were full of people saying that Macs are crap.

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    True, but that wasn't really the point. The laughable thing was how little he know that was true. Saying things like "all the games get released on the Mac shortly after the PC" is completely wrong for one, or that anyone using a PC would catch a virus within minutes of logging onto the internet.

Granted Macs have always looked nice and their OS has always had a smooth and polished feel to it, but it is all aesthetic polish. Apple are good at one thing. Product design!

At the end of the day OS X and Windows can do every task equally as well when it comes down to it. But I want a system that is capable of running the majority of software available, along with the best selection of games and emulators, and the Mac just cannot deliver on this. And the argument that you can now run Windows on an Intel Mac may be all well and good, but if I'm running Windows so that I can use most of the software anyway, who do I need to pay more for the Mac hardware to do exactly the same thing as I could on a more powerful PC I could build myself for half the price!

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

RetroSteve! My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I totally agree about running Windows on the Intel Macs. I think that is mostly aimed at those who need to run OSX as well or who just prefer an Apple computer and an MS operating system.

If I wanted a ready built PC to run Windows I would just go to Dell or similar and only go to Apple if I wanted a Mac.

Although I do still prefer Apple laptops to most PCs. (I've had my PowerBook G3 just a cuple of days now and it is very nice )