Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

classicamiga magazine archive

The Classicamiga Magazine Archive

Classicamiga is about to begin its Amiga magazine archive. The aim of this project is to try and collect together as complete as possible a collection of all Amiga magazines ever published.

The archive will work as a directory on the main classicamiga site and will allow the visitor to browse via publication and issue. Each issue will have its own page that will include the following:
    • List of contents for the issue including reviews for quick reference.
    • Selected image scans from the magazine including cover, contents page and cover disk contents pages that can be directly viewed on the site.
    • Images of the cover disk labels (where available).
    • Downloads for the original cover disks in ADF format (where available).
    • Download of the complete magazine in PDF format.
    • Members will be able to review each magazine, giving there point of view, as well as being able to leave a short comment about it too.
    The magazines will be available as PDF downloads, created by scanning the complete magazine in page by page, and including every page to preserve the complete publication as it was originally printed. This will therefore include all adverts as well as content.

Where possible the original Cover mounted disks included with each magazine will also be available for download as ADF files.

We need your help

This is going to be a very big project and take a lot of time and effort to complete. Classicamiga is therefore asking for anyone who can help out with this project.

We need the following:
    • People who still have original Amiga magazines.
    • People who still have original Amiga Cover discs for magazines.
    • Members willing to scan their magazines in and create the PDFs (following the classicamiga guidelines that will be available very soon).
    • People willing to scan the cover disks in so that images of the original disk labels can be included.
    • People willing to donate their magazines to classicamiga for this project.
    If you still have some original Amiga magazines please let us know in case we are missing these issues, and if you have a scanner and are willing to scan the complete magazine in for the site that would be a great help to classicamiga.

We are especially interested in finding people with non UK Amiga publications that can help out with the site. German, French, Italian, Spanish, Norwegian, Danish etc... and also US and Australian publications.

We already have the server space setup ready to host the magazines for download. We now just need to get scanning.

Let us know what you have

Please use this thread to post lists of the magazines (and the specific issues) you have available and also state if you are able to scan them for the site, or if you would be willing to donate them to classicamiga for scanning. If possible the magazines would be returned to their original owners after the scanning is complete.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    To begin I will start to list what I have:

Amiga Format
    CU Amiga
    AUi
    Amiga Computing
    CD32 Gamer
    Amiga World (US)

I will fill in the issues of each I have once I have time to check them.

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Great, but unfortunately we had no such magazines here, so I cannot help at all.

ELITE Staff Member
    My location

Space Invaders Champion, Flash Sprint Champion, Seconds Of Madness Champion, BMX Park Champion Submeg's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I wonder if there is anything at the newsagent these days for the Amiga? The only thing I can think of is retrogamer....but then that really isnt Amiga only
    Check out my blog - submeg.com/

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have all retrogamer (only missing issues 1-3), and I'm subscribed to it. But I don't think they would allow us to post articles of their magazines on our site.

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It's more the magazines from the Amiga days themselves that we need for the site, rather than anything looking back on the Amiga in a retro way these days.

ELITE Staff Member
    My location

Space Invaders Champion, Flash Sprint Champion, Seconds Of Madness Champion, BMX Park Champion Submeg's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Fair enough. I think there were a couple of Amiga publications back in the day, but not anymore I feel.

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Maybe in another 5-10 years when the magazines of today are retro we can add them to the site.

ELITE Staff Member
    My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Lol man by the time everything is scanned and imported it will be....might as well start now! Lol so many mags!

ELITE VIP
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Can't really help with the magazines but can definately scan coverdisks. Will try and get a list done of what I have this weekend.

Amiga Format
    52a,52b
    54a,54b
    56a,56b
    57a,57b
    58a,58b
    60a,60b,60c
    63a,63b
    66a,66b
    68a,68b
    70b
    75a
    (No number - contains PD-DIY, Adorage & ProTracker V2.10B)

Amiga Action

Aug 94 - Disk 1
    Xmas 94 - Disk 1,2,3,4
    Nov 95 - Disk 1,2
    Mar 95 - Disk 1,2
    Apr 95 - Disk 1,4
    Aug 95 - Disk 1,2
    Sept 95 - Disk 1,2
    Undated:
    Disk 2 - Brutal Sports Football
    Disk 1 - Gunship 2000
    Disk 2 - Syndicate