Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Reviews needed on the main site

We have been spending the last few months adding a lot of information to the main site's game and demo sections. A big thank you goes to Demon Cleaner for his hard work adding a lot of entries to the Games section, and to PG and Teho for their hard work on the Demo Scene section. Also a big thank you to the newest Staff Member Alexj2002 for the work he has already put into the site, and to everyone else including Oz for helping out so far with the site content.

Now we need something from everyone else. If any of you have a spare moment please write some reviews for the main site's Game and Demo sections. This is one area that is in need of some content now that the number of games and demos added to the site has grown considerably to over 3000 different entries!

Reviews will aid the site in a number of ways. Having reviews for an entry gets visitors much more interested in the content of the site and makes them explore more, and hopefully take an interest in writing some reviews of their own, or in just trying out some of the games themselves for the first time.

The scores awarded to games get them featured in the sections of the site more and the text in a review is collected by web spiders to catalogue the game entries on the site in more detail than the entries without a review, thus aiding in getting us better search results in the search engines when people search for specific games or demos.

I would like to thank the members who have already contributed reviews to the site as it is already making a big difference. Especially like to thank PG for the reviews he has already added to both the Demo and Games sections. If you have some time it is worth reading them. And to Oz, Demon Cleaner, burns flipper, alexj2002 and rayzorblue who have also already written some reviews for the site.

Right from the first review being added the server logs quickly showed how the reviews helped increase visitors coming from search engine results. The Superfrog review we initially had on the site helped pull in over 1000 visitors itself, and the more recent reviews are also doing the same and guiding more here from their search engine searches.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Looking forward to this, but I will still focus to finish the games section first. Then I will of course also add some reviews of my favorite games & demos. It's really important to add reviews to help the site getting more interesting and more visited.

As for the games section, I won't have any time this or next week, but after these weeks, I'll try to finish them. As also the sections still missing include some of the most popular games. Unfortunately I'll be off from tomorrow, as I will have a small surgery tomorrow afternoon, problems with my intestine (no jokes please JT ), but can probably visit the forum.

As for reviews, I will have to take myself more time, as my english isn't often THAT good, but anyone here can still read over it for me (but I think it's not TOO bad).

I also want to say, that I'm very glad to be able to add content, as it gives me a satisfaction too, seeing that people enjoy the site and visit more often. I really appreciate being here around such nice/cool/great guys like you all, and I hope this will still be the same in the years to come.

Kudos also go to the demo section (PG&Teho), which is growing daily, and as I wasn't really that much into demos on the amiga (remember: DC=C64, could call myself DC64), I will definetly take a closer look to the section, when I'm finished with the other content.

Thanks (from me) go to everyone who helps adding content to the games section in any way, like reviews, screenshots, media, audio... I think that Alex began to do a great job here lately, and I hope he will continue, and also that some others will follow suit.

now.

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon Cleaner View Post
    Unfortunately I'll be off from tomorrow, as I will have a small surgery tomorrow afternoon, problems with my intestine (no jokes please JT ), but can probably visit the forum.
    Good luck with the surgery. Hope it goes well and you have a speedy recovery.

As for reviews, I will have to take myself more time, as my english isn't often THAT good, but anyone here can still read over it for me (but I think it's not TOO bad).
    Your English is pretty good and I don't think you have anything to worry about when writing reviews. Don't forget that you can edit your own reviews after they have been added to the site, so you can tweak or alter parts you are not happy with at a later date if needed.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

ELITE Staff Member
    My location

Space Invaders Champion, Flash Sprint Champion, Seconds Of Madness Champion, BMX Park Champion Submeg's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm currently writing a review for wings. Have to find my instruction book....
    Check out my blog - submeg.com/

Burn! Hot Blooded Rhythm Soul! Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Unfortunately I'll be off from tomorrow, as I will have a small surgery tomorrow afternoon, problems with my intestine (no jokes please JT ), but can probably visit the forum.
    Nah man, I take some shit seriously (despte having a few beers tonight). Good lucjk with the surgery and I hope it all goes well. Some things are no laughing matter,

I feel a tad ashamed as I haven;t really contributed much apart from some box art and disk and instruction scans idid ages ago. I'll try and do some re-e-views.

When the crowd say BO!

SELECTA

ELITE Staff Member
    My location

Space Invaders Champion, Flash Sprint Champion, Seconds Of Madness Champion, BMX Park Champion Submeg's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    wtf......RANDOM!

lol, those guys are dancing in time with my music...
    Last edited by Submeg; 31st January 2007 at 21:38. Reason: Double posting - posts have been automerged
    Check out my blog - submeg.com/

ELITE Staff Moderator
    My location

Snake Champion, Invasion Champion Puni/Void's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Good luck with the surgery, Demon. Best of luck!

Thanks for the kind words regarding our contributions to the main site. Will do my best to add more demos orientated stuff in the coming future. Will also try to add more reviews and comments in the game section.

Also big-ups to all of you who has contributed to the games section. Things are truly beginning to take form, so let's keep up the good work!!
    Last edited by Puni/Void; 31st January 2007 at 22:30.

Deadly VIP
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hope everything went well mate.

Wiseguy Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'd like to add my good wishes to Demon here too.

As for reviews, I've been meaning to write some. Will definitely get around to it soon. Very soon. I hope.

To start with, aren't there still lots of reviews from the old site that you could still add to the new entries, Harrison? I know I at least had reviews up there for Wings and Moonstone, don't remember if I wrote any more back then.
    Last edited by Teho; 1st February 2007 at 18:53.

ELITE VIP
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Best wishes to DC from me as well, hope all is well and you have a speedy recovery.

Quote Originally Posted by Teho View Post
    To start with, aren't there still lots of reviews from the old site that you could still add to the new entries, Harrison? I know I at least had reviews up there for Wings and Moonstone, don't remember if I wrote any more back then.
    The transfer of old site content is currently a WIP. However if you look at Wings for example, your review is there.