For those who dare! ClassicWB dev
    VIP
    Forum Mod
    Chopper Challenge Champion, The Collector Champion, BombJack Arcade Champion, Turkey Shoot Champion, Paintballing - Assault Champion, Tower 13 - Adventures In Body Saving Champion, Himalayaya Champion, Sea Dogs Champion, Yeti Sports 1- Long Shot Version Champion, Operation Switchover Champion Bloodwych's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Anyone fancy parts for a Classic DOS PC? Playstation One?

I have a load of parts that anyone is welcome to for the price of postage (parcel2go is a good place to book delivery) that could be used to build a classic P233mmx PC or memory for Amiga accelerators. It's an all or nothing deal with this PC stuff, packed away in a box and ready to go.

Going for free is:

• A clean and quiet dual fan 400W PSU with strong 5v for these older systems
    • Quiet Mitsumi 4x CDR burner (very good quality unit with unique tray mechanism)
    • Various Socket 7 CPUs and heatsinks (eg several P233MMX's, P166MMX, AMDP75)
    • Tyan Titan Turbo ATX2 Intel 430TX socket 7 motherboard (looks new) with 6 (yes, six!) 72pin simm sockets and two SDRAM sockets. Also has USB, UDMA33 and the full 512K L3 burst line cache. Top build quality and components.
    • Box full of simm modules (EDO and fast page 72pin simms of various sizes from 4-32MB, some SDRAM 32 and 64MB, 4MB 30pin simms (these larger ones are very rare, usually come in 1MB sizes) for SB16 cards, all sorts really!)
    • 2 identical very quiet single platter Fujitsui hard drives (2x4GB)
    • PCI Matrox Millenium II with original CD and documents plus memory expansion fitted (8MB total). As new condition and a great DOS gaming card.
    • PCI Rage II 8MB
    • PCI S3 Trio 64V and Trident Providia
    • Various SB16 ISA cards, two full length with wave table memory slots (can be populated with some of the 4MB 30pin simms listed above)
    • Various network cards

Might be some more stuff I’ve forgotten. Most likely no one will need this stuff, but I thought it was worth a try. Everything is in great working condition; stored in anti static bags and take up no more room than a 0.6x0.3m box they’re currently in.

PM me and I'll let you know about some vintage software CD's that I'll throw in too.

Also for separate dispatch I have a modded Playstation (EDIT: PSX, NOT the smaller PSOne - plays backup games) with RGB Scart and power leads up for grabs - the case is in perfect condition but it has an occasional flicker problem once it warms up unless you hold down the back of the connector. Probably a lose connection. Comes with original box and inserts, controller and Sony mem card. No games.

Ok, enough of me pimpin my junk. Just posted this in case anyone was interested.
    Last edited by Bloodwych; 20th November 2008 at 09:18.
    Live Long and Procrastinate
    A500 Batman Pack
    Classic Workbench

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I might be interested in the Playstation. How much would postage within the UK cost for that?

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

VIP
    Forum Mod
    Chopper Challenge Champion, The Collector Champion, BombJack Arcade Champion, Turkey Shoot Champion, Paintballing - Assault Champion, Tower 13 - Adventures In Body Saving Champion, Himalayaya Champion, Sea Dogs Champion, Yeti Sports 1- Long Shot Version Champion, Operation Switchover Champion Bloodwych's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Using Parcels2Go, it will be under £10:

http://www.parcel2go.com/

Everything is in great condition, just the flicker problem mentioned above.
    A500 Batman Pack
    Classic Workbench

VIP
    Forum Mod
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Harrision; someone over at EAB is after the PS one now, but I told them I'd need to ask you first.

Had any more thoughts about it?
    A500 Batman Pack
    Classic Workbench

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If the EAB member is in great need of the PSOne then I will let them have first refusal. I was only interested in it as a backup to my existing PSX. So it wouldn't be used, just stored as a spare.

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I also bought a modded PSOne as backup for my PSX (with stealth chip). And if I look at it now, the PSOne is really a lot smaller than the PSX.

VIP
    Forum Mod
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks guys for making me realize I've made a glaring error of misleading epic-ness.

When I said Playstation One, I simply meant the first model as opposed to the second or third.

I didn't mean the PSOne, which is the smaller version I'd completely forgot about.

Yes, the one I have is the standard size PSX, as I bought it the first xmas it was released in the UK.
    A500 Batman Pack
    Classic Workbench

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    What connections does the PSX have on the back? If it has the full range of video and audio connections then I would still be interested. But if it is the first revision with just the video multi out port and power socket then it will the the same as my 1997 PSX.

VIP
    Forum Mod
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It might be the older one. I'll update this thread if it's still available when I check.
    A500 Batman Pack
    Classic Workbench