Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I am Legion for we are many. Staff Member
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads

I want to marry Jessica Rabbit!!!!

Just found this story.

A Japanese man has enlisted hundreds of people in a campaign to allow marriages between humans and cartoon characters, saying he feels more at ease in the "two-dimensional world."
    Comic books are immensely popular in Japan, with some fictional characters becoming celebrities or even sex symbols. Marriage is meanwhile on the decline as many young Japanese find it difficult to find life partners.

Taichi Takashita launched an online petition aiming for one million signatures to present to the government to establish a law on marriages with cartoon characters.

Within a week he has gathered more than 1,000 signatures through the Internet.

"I am no longer interested in three dimensions. I would even like to become a resident of the two-dimensional world," he wrote.

"However, that seems impossible with present-day technology. Therefore, at the very least, would it be possible to legally authorise marriage with a two-dimensional character?"

Befitting his desire to be two-dimensional, he listed no contact details, making it impossible to reach him for comment to explain if his campaign is serious or tongue-in-cheek.

But some people signing the petition are true believers.

"For a long time I have only been able to fall in love with two-dimensional people and currently I have someone I really love," one person wrote.

"Even if she is fictional, it is still loving someone. I would like to have legal approval for this system at any cost," the person wrote.

Japan only permits marriage between human men and women and gives no legal recognition to same-sex relationships.

Japan's fans of comic books, or "manga," sometimes go to extremes.

Earlier this month, a woman addicted to manga put out an online message seeking to kill her parents for asking her to throw away comic books that filled up three rooms.

Prime Minister Taro Aso is an avid fan of manga and recently complained that he has been too busy to read comic books since taking office.
    If this becomes law then I'm emigrating to Japan and marrying either Jessica Rabbit or Lois Griffin.
    A1200 Power Tower
    OS 3.9 / CGX4 / OS4.0
    Blizzard 210Mhz (overclocked to 266Mhz) 603e PPC with 25Mhz 040 (Overclocked to 33Mhz) 256Mb RAM
    ZIV
    CV64/3D
    3.2Gb HDD + 20GB HDD

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Personally I think these people are living in a fantasy world!

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

Like you'd refuse to take a pop at Jessica Rabbit if she offered.

Average Inactive Member
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Coming from a country where one can purchase ladies' used knickers from vending machines, this story really doesn't sound too far-fetched!

Strangely enough, I think I married Jet Set Willy's (ex-)wife. Not quite a cartoon character, but every time I attempt to enter the Master Bedroom (it's a vintage game room, really) for some Amiga/C64/XBox/guitar-playing joy, there she is, blocking my path and dishing out chores. There's always something...
    Last edited by Cortona; 5th November 2008 at 19:48. Reason: Shocking grammatical error

Downloads
    Uploads
    You guys have NO chance with Jessica Woods (yeah that's right... Woods) She loves me too much!!!!!
    This is not a signature

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Fine I'll have Holloughby Willoughby then.

A1200 Power Tower
    OS 3.9 / CGX4 / OS4.0
    Blizzard 210Mhz (overclocked to 266Mhz) 603e PPC with 25Mhz 040 (Overclocked to 33Mhz) 256Mb RAM
    ZIV
    CV64/3D
    3.2Gb HDD + 20GB HDD

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Buleste View Post
    Fine I'll have Holloughby Willoughby then.

Maybe, but if you laminate Jessica, she then becomes wipe-clean!
    This is not a signature

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Maybe I'd like Holloughby Willoughby dirty...... Maybe I want to try wiping Holloughby Willoughby down with a damp cloth......Maybe I want to try whipping Holloughby Willoughby down with a damp cloth
    A1200 Power Tower
    OS 3.9 / CGX4 / OS4.0
    ZIV
    CV64/3D
    3.2Gb HDD + 20GB HDD

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Cortona View Post
    Coming from a country where one can purchase ladies' used knickers from vending machines, this story really doesn't sound too far-fetched!

Strangely enough, I think I married Jet Set Willy's (ex-)wife. Not quite a cartoon character, but every time I attempt to enter the Master Bedroom (it's a vintage game room, really) for some Amiga/C64/XBox/guitar-playing joy, there she is, blocking my path and dishing out chores. There's always something...
    A1200 Power Tower
    OS 3.9 / CGX4 / OS4.0
    ZIV
    CV64/3D
    3.2Gb HDD + 20GB HDD

Average Inactive Member
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    That's her. God she's stunning, though.