Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ELITE VIP
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads

Cannon Fodder - The Music Video

Never saw this before as I didn't have the CD32 version of the game, but the guys at Sensible made a music video to go with Cannon Fodder, which was also used in the CD32 intro.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDxCBx9Xb1I&NR

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Cool, but honestly, the video is pure crap

ELITE VIP
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon Cleaner View Post
    Cool, but honestly, the video is pure crap
    It's the crapness of it that makes it good! The fact that it's so unrealistic, that they used every fade available to them, that it looks like it was made for about £5, that the in-game footage just randomly appears with no relation to the song/video that makes it quite funny.

ELITE Staff Member
    My location

Space Invaders Champion, Flash Sprint Champion, Seconds Of Madness Champion, BMX Park Champion Submeg's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    WHAT THE FU@K? That was the weirdest piece o' sh1t I have ever seen!
    Check out my blog - submeg.com/

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Umm... I've got the CD32 original of Cannon Fodder and that video isn't on it! It does have an exclusive intro video, as did many CD32 ports, but it is just a rendered Cannon Fodder intro.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

ELITE Staff Member
    My location

Space Invaders Champion, Flash Sprint Champion, Seconds Of Madness Champion, BMX Park Champion Submeg's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That looks like it was made after the game was released....the video quality seems too good.
    Check out my blog - submeg.com/

ELITE VIP
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrison View Post
    Umm... I've got the CD32 original of Cannon Fodder and that video isn't on it! It does have an exclusive intro video, as did many CD32 ports, but it is just a rendered Cannon Fodder intro.
    Probably a stupid question because you seem to have everything to do with Amiga ( ) but have you got a FMV addon for the CD32? Mobygames says: "CD32 version contains special mpeg track where is stored movie (length = 3 min). In this movie members of Sensible Software (developer of game) are wearing army uniforms and they're doing funny things - dancing, riding army vehicles, throwing darts on the poster of actor Christian Slater etc. From this movie was taken a few photos and used in Amiga intro." - http://www.mobygames.com/game/cannon-fodder

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No I haven't got the VCD FMV addon unit for the CD32. It is very rare and very expensive. But game intros on the CD32 using MPEG wouldn't normally of needed the VCD addon as this would have badly limited the access of the video considering the limited number of these video units available. Video on the CD32 could still be streamed and played without the unit, but in lower quality/resolution. Look at Microcosm for example. Unless the video was a hidden extra of course.

I'll have a look at the game CD later and see if I can find the video.

ELITE VIP
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrison View Post
    No I haven't got the VCD FMV addon unit for the CD32. It is very rare and very expensive. But game intros on the CD32 using MPEG wouldn't normally of needed the VCD addon as this would have badly limited the access of the video considering the limited number of these video units available. Video on the CD32 could still be streamed and played without the unit, but in lower quality/resolution. Look at Microcosm for example. Unless the video was a hidden extra of course.

I'll have a look at the game CD later and see if I can find the video.
    "Has an enhanced intro but you need a FMV cartridge to see it, otherwise its the same as the standard version."

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Interesting. I will have a look later and see if this is true.