Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: screen shots

ELITE Staff Member
    My location

Space Invaders Champion, Flash Sprint Champion, Seconds Of Madness Champion, BMX Park Champion Submeg's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Buleste View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Submeg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by harrison View Post
    ah. Me might not be supported any more and could be a problem. Officially windows 2000, xp and vista are only supported now. However recent versions should run. Try versions around or just below the 1.0 release and see if it works.

Also make sure you have the latest version of your graphics card drivers and directx version that me supports.
    uggggg m.e. Worst. Thing. Ever.
    I wouldn't say that about y.o.u.
    Oh hi Buleste!
    Check out my blog - submeg.com/

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    When I typed "Me" I instantly thought it was ripe for exploitation. Time to roll out all the old "Me" jokes!

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

Harmless Inactive Member
    Downloads
    Uploads

where to start?

I presently have a pc and I am curious about emulation if AF is the CD to use what or how does it start working, what is the first step after loading the CD ?

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    It's already late now and I'm just pointing you at a guide how to use emulation which can be found at our main site here.

And by AF I guess you mean ADF which means Amiga Disk File and is exactly what it means, don't think I have to explain much more

There also games on CD, but most stuff, and older stuff, is mainly stored on disks, and you can load ADF files directly with WinUAE (Amiga emulator).

And you need the kickstart ROM files, but that is explained in the guides on our main site.

You can download the latest version of WinUAE here in the forum at the emulation section, or from the WinUAE site www.winuae.net

And btw, welcome to Classicamiga

I am Legion for we are many. Staff Member
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    @ Demon Cleaner
    I think by AF Ritty means Amiga Forever so he already has the ROMs etc and everything installed.

@Ritty
    I'll be honest and don't know what Amiga Forever is like I use Winuae. I take it you've installed everything and started it with no problems? Hopefully the guide DC has pointed you to should help if not post another message with the problems you are having and someone will be able to help you.

Most of all welcome to the madness.
    A1200 Power Tower
    OS 3.9 / CGX4 / OS4.0
    Blizzard 210Mhz (overclocked to 266Mhz) 603e PPC with 25Mhz 040 (Overclocked to 33Mhz) 256Mb RAM
    ZIV
    CV64/3D
    3.2Gb HDD + 20GB HDD

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Amiga Forever uses WinUAE as it's emulator. It is a slightly older version compared to the standalone version.

If you are booting the Amiga Forever disc in your PC then you will be booting into a version of Linux that is running from the CD itself and this uses a custom setup Workbench running on the Linux version of the Amiga emulator UAE.

If however you load Windows and then access the Amiga Forever CD, then it will be running WinUAE and will be using a set of the Amiga kickstart roms licensed legally on the Amiga Forever disc.

Amiga Forever comes with a few games already included on the CD, and it has a program launcher to load directly into games without having to load the emulator and then load the games and set the emulator up.

However I would recommend you try downloading the latest version of winuae, as mentioned by Demon Cleaner above. Then use the Amiga kickstart files from the Amiga Forever CD with WinUAE. And you can download games and other software for the emulator from our main site, and many more from loads of other sites, but have a look at planetemu.net first for a huge collection to get hold of most you might be after.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!