Where to start
Firstly to Harrison.
You got me thinking when you commented to take the 800mb ide harddrive from my 1200 and put it in the pc and access it through winUae. Here i was thinking transrom/ adf blitter , parnet type cable , if i can access the harddrive through emulator then "too easy", only problem is i fiddled with emulation about 2002 . My winuae versions are winuae 0.8.22 release 6 & winuae 0.8.25. the first one the one i use the most.
I gave all my amiga stuff away and threw away heaps of floppys early in 2008 (missis needs area and has a spring clean) . I had lost interest in most things computer and didnt think i would use the amiga stuff again. (Why would i need it i had the amiga on pc if i wanted to get nostalgic and play wclb golf or lemmings or what ever and the emulators i got are doing the job. Luck would have it though i gave it all to an uncle and he is the reason i've came to this site for help.
I've been ill with cancer the last 4 months and got rather bored sitting home tween treatments and a freind gave me an old pc he was throwing out.It had M.E. windoze
and that let me use music match 6 and access some amiga mods i'd recorded on it .Then out came the amiga emulators and the bug has bitten again.I was using this older pc when the uncle came to visit. He likes the idea of amiga on pc so now i'll be looking for one to buy for him and he's agreed to give me access to the 1200.
Really i'm an indiangiver and i want it back.
So that brings me to this, do i just use what emulators i have for him or would it be worth upgrading as i see there are others out there now.(WHEW!)
thanks for takin the time to read through this.
All the best
loopy