Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Been a while

Mostly Harmless Inactive Member
    Downloads
    Uploads

Been a while

Been a few months since coming here. Had computer problems, and now all seems sorted out. I have to re-download and re-install all my Amiga stuff, games, emulator, etc. My question is, how do you download games from your lists? When I click on a game I'd like to get, there is no download button. If you're to click where all the mini disks are showing for the game, it does nothing but take you to the beginning of the list of games. Do I have to go somewhere else?

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi, and welcome back

Our database is mainly an archive about Amiga games, not a place to download the actual games. Our main goal is to collect information, screenshots and other related material and data for each game onto the site. Some of our games have downloads, but not many. This is due to legal issues and needing to obtain permission and licenses to host such downloads.

The little disk icons you were clicking on just represent how many disks a game was originally released on. They don't actually link to any downloads. And clicking them will make the site search for all other game entries that were also released with that number of disks.

Luckily for you there do exist some other sites that you can get the games from. We highly recommend the french site http://www.plantemu.net as they host a near complete set of Amiga games in ADF file format taken from something called the TOSEC set. There are also other places to download files but you will need to PM for that info.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

I am Legion for we are many. Staff Member
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Due to legal issues we do not host downloads of every game on the main site. However if you goto planetemu you can download disk images of most Amiga games (You have to have a slight grasp of french though). Other than that if you have WHDLoad and Workbench 3.0 installed on your emulated Amiga you can got either Killer Gorilla's site for whole packs of installed games or whdownload for individual HDinstalled games.

Harrison must've been replying at the same time as me. Sorry for any duplicate information.
    Last edited by Buleste; 17th September 2008 at 16:18. Reason: Double posting - posts have been automerged
    A1200 Power Tower
    OS 3.9 / CGX4 / OS4.0
    Blizzard 210Mhz (overclocked to 266Mhz) 603e PPC with 25Mhz 040 (Overclocked to 33Mhz) 256Mb RAM
    ZIV
    CV64/3D
    3.2Gb HDD + 20GB HDD

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well thanks for both your help. I remember asking this before, and now remember you do not host the files here. I did get a plethora of games I loved as a kid. Black Crypt, Heimdall, Gold Box D&D series. Now I just need to figure out how to re-setup my emualted hard drive so I can HD install these rascals.

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Just download the game packs from KGWHD. KG has set the whdload installed versions of each game up, so all you have to do is copy them to the Amiga HD, or virtual HD if using emulation, and enjoy. I also recommend you download ClassicWB as this works perfectly with the KGWHD game packs and already has WHDLoad setup ready to use.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    If you like the Gold Box series of AD&D goto the main site and download the save editor as it has some files that allow you to improve your chances in all of the Gold Box games apart from Treasures of the Savage Frontier (only because that one doesn't have a WHDLoad file althoth the editor for Gateway will probably work). (I must do some more work on those so that you can edit the cash as well.)

Crap just checked main site and it looks like i haven't added the save ed file to the games. Go here to have a look at the thread and download the lha while i pull my finger out of my arse and add them to the main site.
    Last edited by Buleste; 18th September 2008 at 20:26. Reason: Double posting - posts have been automerged
    A1200 Power Tower
    OS 3.9 / CGX4 / OS4.0
    Blizzard 210Mhz (overclocked to 266Mhz) 603e PPC with 25Mhz 040 (Overclocked to 33Mhz) 256Mb RAM
    ZIV
    CV64/3D
    3.2Gb HDD + 20GB HDD

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've now added a link to the updated SaveED on all the GoldBox games that it now works with on the main site.
    A1200 Power Tower
    OS 3.9 / CGX4 / OS4.0
    ZIV
    CV64/3D
    3.2Gb HDD + 20GB HDD

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for all your help Bul. I have another silly question. It's not a big deal, but part of the emulation for me, is hearing the old sounds of my 500 booting up. If I use floppy drive df0: I hear every little click and clonk of it loading from disk, really takes you back, and is neat. However, if I use any of the other "floppy drives", there is no sound. No disk loading sounds or anything. Is this a flaw with Winaue? Is there a setting for these sounds?

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    TBH I'd never noticed that before so i can't help you on that one. Sorry.
    A1200 Power Tower
    OS 3.9 / CGX4 / OS4.0
    ZIV
    CV64/3D
    3.2Gb HDD + 20GB HDD

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Brintinacx View Post
    Thanks for all your help Bul. I have another silly question. It's not a big deal, but part of the emulation for me, is hearing the old sounds of my 500 booting up. If I use floppy drive df0: I hear every little click and clonk of it loading from disk, really takes you back, and is neat. However, if I use any of the other "floppy drives", there is no sound. No disk loading sounds or anything. Is this a flaw with Winaue? Is there a setting for these sounds?
    You have a drop down menu in the sound options. On the bottom you can see "Floppy Drive Sound Emulation". And on the right you have a drop down menu where you can choose the drives from df0 to df3 to set the sound.