Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Fund raising

I am Legion for we are many. Staff Member
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for reminding me to donate. I'd have forgotten otherwise. £10.00 in the account from me.
    A1200 Power Tower
    OS 3.9 / CGX4 / OS4.0
    Blizzard 210Mhz (overclocked to 266Mhz) 603e PPC with 25Mhz 040 (Overclocked to 33Mhz) 256Mb RAM
    ZIV
    CV64/3D
    3.2Gb HDD + 20GB HDD

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

Deadly VIP
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Donated but had no money in the Paypal account so it's going to be an echeque.
    Sorry about that.
    Sam440EP & AOS4.1, 250 gig SATA HD & DVD Rewriter.

Towered A1200 3.1 rom, OS3.9 and OS4.0
    PPC 166 mhz 060 50mhz, 192 meg.
    Buffered Interface, 40 & 80 gig HDs, CD & DVD Rewriters.
    Mediator 1200TX, Voodoo 5500, Radeon ATI 9200, Audio, USB, Ethernet, TV/FM.
    Card reader and 19" TFT Monitor.

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That's great. I got the echeque email alert. Not a problem. All donations are very helpful and I now nearly have the full amount to cover the complete forum server cost for the next two years, plus the cost of vBulletin updates for the next year. Great stuff.

Thanks everyone

Amiga PT user VIP
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    More 5 pounds to CA
    A500 - A600 - A1200

Poor My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    how do i contribute?

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    From the main classicamiga.com homepage there is a donate button on the right hand side of the page. Or you can donate directly via Paypal to my email address dave@classicamiga.com Both methods use that account.

And thanks for the donation Tiago.

Poor My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    a fiver comming your way !

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you. Every little helps with our running costs.

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Fund raiding time again.

vBulletin 4 is about to be launched. With version 4 they are changing their licensing structure. At the moment with out current vB license we hold an owned license which means we are allowed to host and run a vBulletin site forever without needing to pay any more money. However each 12 months you have to pay an additional smalll fee, currently about £30, to receive a further 12 months worth of updates to vB.

Now though there will be no 12 monthly fees to continue receiving updates. Instead it will be a one-time payment for vB4.x to receive all updates within the 4.x lifetime of the produce, which is great.

However for existing vB customers this means that the licenses need to be upgraded to a full vB4 license. This is going to be quite an expensive upgrade cost of about $250 for the new license. However until 30th October the vBulletin team are offering a special promotional upgrade price of just $130 (£85) for us to upgrade the classicamiga license to the new vB4 Publishing Suite.

The publishing suite adds a full CMS (content management system) and community blogs to the forum software. The CMS is looking especially powerful and could be very useful for classicamiga. It works on an article system very similar to Joomla, and it would be great to move some of the current stuff out of the main Joomla site, and into this new CMS. Things like news could work better, as could articles and tutorials.

The great thing about the CMS is that anyone posting a normal forum thread can have it promoted into a CMS article, therefore made into a full webpage. And dedicated forum threads can be created and linked to specific articles in the CMS, so members can discuss an article in the forum. Much nicer than just having comments under articles.

I might even think the CMS could be a better direction instead of the current Wiki as it would allow more people to work on its content easier. However, that is something to look at once we get our hands on vB3 Publishing suite.

So now to the fund raising bit. If any of you can help me out towards the cost of this vB license upgrade to vB4 Publishing Suite which will cost a total of £85 that would be great.

We only have until the 30th October, so just over a week, to take up this offer, otherwise te cost will go up to $250 which is quite a bit more.

All donations to help with this would be greatly received.

And in upgrading the site to vB4 I have many ideas to get the activity on the site increasing again and making it much more active.