Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: RF cables

Average Inactive Member
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    SCART gets my vote for most annoying and unnecessary cable ever designed. Impossible to plug-in by feel, so you have to turn your TV upside down to plug it in; and massive too, I mean, does it really have to be that big? It is the Duplo of cables.
    (I know it provides much superior picture quality to RF, but doesn't composite video tick that box as well?)

Burn! Hot Blooded Rhythm Soul! Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    As ne fule kno, SCART is the shizzle.

Can carry RGB and sound too, nice and easy. The only problem I have ith it are when the stiff wire comes out of the head at an awkward angle and makes it hard to bend round and insert (matron).

ELITE VIP
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    SCART was a great idea, executed terribly. Did it need to be so big, and with such flimsy pins? And with the chunky rigid wire coming out at an odd-angle (which inevitably would end up the wrong side compared to where the device was). Oh and they always used to half-fall out resulting in some weird effects on the picture. Compare to say a USB connector which is easy to plugin one-handed, even when not looking at the socket with a hand round the back of the PC. Luckily with HDMI they seem to have put this right.