Harmless Inactive Member
    Downloads
    Uploads

Connecting Amiga 1000 DKB Insider to 1000 without daughterboard

I currently have two Amiga 1000's. One is fitted with the WCS Daughter board and a DKB Insider (Rev C). Unfortunatly the video in this machine is stuffed (Composite is in B&W).

The other 1000 is the model without the daughterboard and I wish to fit the DKB to this unit.

Going by what I've found on the web "The Black lead should be clipped or soldered to the ferrite bead at FB43 at location E9 on the motherboard" however where does the red lead go ?

Is it connected to one of the ram chips like it is pictured here for use in a 1000 without the daughterboard ?

Any help would be great.

Deadly Inactive Member
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hello there Huggies,

okay, i had a look around, all i could find was on Amiga Hardware.com which pretty much says

Quote Originally Posted by www.amiga-hardware.com
    The expansion has three jumper leads, a black, a red and a third of unknown colour, which should be connected as follows:

1. The Red lead should be clipped or soldered to Pin 14 (4th ping down, counting from the right, on the rear side) of the WCS daughterboard at location P6

2. The Black lead should be clipped or soldered to the ferrite bead at FB43 at location E9 on the motherboard

The third lead should connects the ground of the motherboard to the card. Mount the round lug-end of the lead to the screw located at A1 (left of C141) on the motherboard. Connect the other end of the clip to A2 which is located underneath the WCS daughterboard.
    hope that helps Huggies
    If i had a hammer, I would hammer in the morning, i would hammer in the evening, i would hammer all day

Harmless Inactive Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I read that Zetro. The problem is I want to fit the board to a 1000 which doesn't have a daughter board (PAL Version) to connect the red lead.

Got me stuffed where the red lead is connected on these versions of the 1000 motherboard.